It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-09-2008   #1 (permalink)
abra

Default Munchkin cats can't meow??????

Hello all! I just joined this forum because I have 4 beautiful cats!!

I recently got 2 munchkin cats - both about 1 year old. One can't meow at all and the other barely can....any idea why this would be? Maybe munchkin cats can't really meow? Please help!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

I'm Maya from Israel & the mum of 6 lovely furkids you can see in my gallery
Never heard about this Munchkin's problem. The best will be to take them to the vet.
Let us know & good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-11-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi Abra,welcome,how lovely to own Munchkins.It would be best to consult your vet.xxxxx
Unread 09-16-2008   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Uhmm, you cat might be deaf or mute?

Unread 10-29-2008   #5 (permalink)
Atishaya

Default My Munchkin Doesn't Meow Either

I don't think it's uncommon for Munchkins not to meow. I had a Munchkin for 6 years who didn't meow for about 5 years until I brought home a Siamese that didn't stop meowing. She never meowed a lot after that and had a very quiet and unusual meow. I now have 2 Munchkins who are about a year old (male and female) and neither of them have a very loud meow either and they don't sound like other cats. I have heard before that it's one of the traits of Munchkins.

Unread 10-29-2008   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi Atishaya,welcome,do you have any pics you can share with us of these beautiful cats?xxxxx
Unread 10-29-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Yes, please!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-29-2008   #8 (permalink)
buttercup

Hi Abra and welcome. I'm the mom of Oscar and Zipper and you can see them on my gallery. I'm not familiar with Munchkins and am eager to see pix.

Unread 02-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
RubyNRed

Hey Abra, I have a munchkin girl named Ruby and she still meows, she is certainly more quiet than alot of cats I know, but she is still vocal. I dont think it is so much that munchkins cant meow, but it is more about their personality. I think they are more likely to be queit and calm and loving. This is a good thing!

Unread 02-15-2009   #10 (permalink)
catz1

Hi Abra!
I agree with Ruby and it's a personality thing. I have a DLH (mutt) that's almost 2yrs old and mews so quietly you really have to listen and then it's only when she's being fed. It comes out to sound like a high pitched 'momma'. Otherwise she, what I call, 'erts' to herself once in a while. I think she's more content not to meow. She did get her tail stepped on under foot at the stove once and gave a loud MEOW yell so I know she can if she wants to. So yup..I think it just depends on the cat.

Tags
beautiful , breeds , calm , cat , cat breeds , cats , female , girl , hey , home , loving , male , meow , meowing , munchkin , munchkins , personality , problem , siamese , stop , vet , vocal

Sponsored Cat Links