It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-05-2008   #1 (permalink)
mandyrae

Default Not going in the litter box

Hello all, I am having a problem with my 4 month old kitten Toby. I have had him since he was 4 weeks old (a stray I found) and I never had a problem little box training him. Here it is 3 months later and last night I found he had pooped outside in the dinning room. His litter box was clean and there was really no reason for him to go outside of it. Right after I cleaned it up he went to the same spot and peed!!! This is the first time this has happened. Then tonight I saw he pooped again but in my bedroom.

This is the first cat I have ever had and have no idea why he could be doing this. Can you help?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-06-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

Pay a visit to the vet, before all you must check if he is suffering from a disease connected with the problem you described.

Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-06-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Yes,looks like the little fella may be trying to tell you something.Go to the vet.Good luck and let us know how you get on.xxxxx
Unread 10-07-2008   #4 (permalink)
lymreyn

Make sure to use a cleaner that breaks down the enzyme in the urine other wise it will become a habbit for him to continue going outside the litter box. I found that Nature's Miracle Just for Cats works wonders! You can get it at Pet Smart or Petco.

Unread 10-21-2008   #5 (permalink)
pattyp

Are you using the same litter you have always used? Sometimes even a change in the scent can cause an aversion. I cringed when I saw that Fresh Step was marketing new scents for their litter. Cats have a very keen sense of smell so something that has a noticeable scent to you can be overwhelming to them. Sort of like a small public bathroom with a strong deodorizer.

Patty P

Unread 10-26-2008   #6 (permalink)
KittyCity

Default Hi

Sometimes also if a cat is using the litterbox and a loud sound (like a washing machine) scares him... he associates that noise with the pan and its an unpleasant reminder.

But your vet should help.

Ask also about 'feliway' it doesn't work with all cats- but you should ask them about it.

Tags
box , cat , cats , clean , found , kitten , litter , litter box , litterbox , night , pet , problem , small , smart , smell , stray , training , urine , vet

Sponsored Cat Links