It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-08-2008   #1 (permalink)
QeqeTinnieMeme

Default Change in Behaviour - Spooked

We have 3 adorable cats. Qeqe (female), Tinnie (male) & MeMe (Male). Also about a month ago we started feeding a stray cat by putting a bowl of dry cat food outside our door. We let our 3 cats play at our backyard from time to time, and one night the stray cat must have made its way into our backyard and spooked all of our 3 cats.

Immediately, MeMe & QeQe began to show aggression towards each other. (they have been living peacefully together for the last 4 years). Hissing and meowing, lunging and ready to attack each other. MeMe ran and at the same time peeped all over the floor. From that night onwards, the relationship between MeMe and QeQe have never been the same.

We separated them and for 2 days things seem alright even seeing them sleeping together, but then it happens again and again. It seems that they both cannot meet eye to eye now.

Any advice how to bring peace back?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-09-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!
I'm Maya, the mum of 6 lovely furkids you can see in my gallery
Never happened to me something like you described & I must say that is very strange because they were together so many time.
It happened to us when we brought a new kit home & because the others didn't know him/her, they were a little suspicious about him/her. After a week or so all was normal again.
So, I cannot help you on this topic, maybe someone else can instead of me.
Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-09-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

lovesummer is on a distinguished road
Question

We had an incident last night. Two of our three cats were sitting at the backdoor. We have a screen door with a pet fencing on it. I heard something scratching, very odd noise. When I got up after the 2nd noise, there were the two males cats that had been together at the backdoor, hissing, growling and all puffed up. It turned into a horrible screaming that I had never heard from a cat before.

We separated them over night. We we rejoined them this morning, after about 5 minutes, one cat made a growl and it was "ON" again.

Any suggestions? I'll try anything. At this point, the little guy that seems to be the instigator will be separated before we leave the house until I see progress.

Tags
adorable , advice , aggression , attack , behaviour , cat food , cats , dry , eye , female , food , growling , hey , hissing , home , house , meowing , morning , night , over night , pet , play , scratching , sleeping , stray , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links