It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-14-2008   #1 (permalink)
imcamel

Unhappy Kitty won't stop licking me!

I am hoping someone can help me! I have two kittens, both around 5 months. They are both strays and I got them when they were about 8-12 weeks old. I got the one cat first then brought the new guy home about 3 weeks later.
They get along perfectly, no problems there. My problem is that the newest one will not stop licking me. Every night I wake up to h im licking and suckling my fingers (usually that is all that is out from the covers). Wehn I cover myself completely (blanket over the head) he cries and tries to lick through the covers.
It was cute at first but he does that to anyone who sleeps over. (Totally freaked out my 4 year old niece!) I hate to lock him up at night as he usually just cuddles but why does he keep doing this? Why won't he lick the other cat? Shouldn't that be more comforting?
Please help me, it's driving me crazy!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-14-2008   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

when they are taken away from there mother's too early they do that. it's like they need to still nurse even though they are older.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-15-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Wink

Yes, catlover83 is correct. The only solution will be to close your room's door for now.
Good luck,

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-15-2008   #4 (permalink)
marcuz29

yup. they really need they're mother first to take care of them and feed them with it's milk. As what we always hear,Breastfeeding is still best for babies. Hehehe.

Unread 10-15-2008   #5 (permalink)
imcamel

Default oh no...

So he is going to do this forever? He's doomed to sleep outside of my room forever? Or will he eventually stop?

Unread 10-15-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I told you before "for now" He will grow up & it will disappear.
Good luck,

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-16-2008   #7 (permalink)
KatieK

What if your cat's a year old already and has such a compulsive need to lick that she either licks your face till it's raw, licks her paws until they're clinically burned, or licks even her cone that's keeping her from licking her paws?

Unread 10-16-2008   #8 (permalink)
buttercup

KatieK.... It sounds to me like maybe you need to follow up with your vet. My 10 year old Zipper likes to lick my pillow in the night and I just keep distracting her until she stops. We think she likes the cream I use. She also likes to lick other surfaces in which case we re direct the behaviour. But if your furry kid is licking herself raw and needs a cone then the vet needs to address it.

Unread 10-17-2008   #9 (permalink)
KatieK

Oh I have, the vet gave me the cone and some cream but didn't tell me what the cause for all this licking was.

Tags
babies , behaviour , care , cat , cat's , crazy , cute , hey , home , kitten , kittens , kitty , licking , night , problems , raw , sleep , stop , strays , vet , wake

Sponsored Cat Links