It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-17-2008   #1 (permalink)
dusty50

Angry cat crying loudly every night

Our 17 year old indoor cat has started loud, deep meowing each night at exactly 12:20- 12:25AM She sits in the hallway and cries away until we get up to comfort her. Her sister passed about 4 months ago so she is alone now except for the abundance of affection we give her. Is she seeing things in our 200 year old home. Is her sister's spirit visiting her at night or is she just miserable and can't let us know? Any other cats doing similar out there?

Last edited by dusty50; 10-17-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-17-2008   #2 (permalink)
BabyCat

Aww, bless her heart! Would she be content or stay if you put her in bed with you when you went to bed? Mine would never stay, but if she's lonely, she might!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-17-2008   #3 (permalink)
mommyofking

Mine does that too but its during the day time too. She has full blown conversations with herself too. My husband and I try to tape to try to hear what words shes yelling (they are def words) but as soon as she hears us she stops. I know it sounds crazy but she says words loud and clear.

She cries on the landing of our steps sometimes but when I go out there, shes fine.

Unread 10-18-2008   #4 (permalink)
I_Love_Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty50 View Post
Our 17 year old indoor cat has started loud, deep meowing each night at exactly 12:20- 12:25AM She sits in the hallway and cries away until we get up to comfort her. Her sister passed about 4 months ago so she is alone now except for the abundance of affection we give her. Is she seeing things in our 200 year old home. Is her sister's spirit visiting her at night or is she just miserable and can't let us know? Any other cats doing similar out there?
My cat does that as well but normally in her sleep. I have heard that cats can sense spirits but maybe your cat is just crying for attention as does my cat but i dont understand why it has to be in the middle of the night!

Unread 10-18-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Poor thing! I think she's missing her sister... Can't you take her & put her in bed with you for a week or so? Then you'll see if it is a change in her attitude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-20-2008   #6 (permalink)
pattyp

Have you noticed any other changes? Drinking more water, peeing more, hungry more, or vomiting?

Patty P

Unread 10-20-2008   #7 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

I'm sure she missed she sister. But one of my cats does that too. I think it's when he's bord. Hope you can figure it out!

Unread 10-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
dusty50

Default crying cat

Thanks to all for your inputs. Ethel sleeps with us each night and has since we lost her sister. Once she is done sleeping, considering thats all she does all day, she then gets out of bed and starts the whinning. She doesn't necessarilly drink, eat, or vomit anymore than normal. I guess its something we'll have to get used for the remainder of her life. Thanks again.

Unread 10-24-2008   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Good luck!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-24-2008   #10 (permalink)
buttercup

I think cats have one foot in the other side and at times they see the ones that they miss and so try to communicate. Oscars sister passed away a few years ago and although he and Zipper are buds he would pine for her. He doesn't do it anymore but sometimes late at night he'll sit up really fast and focus on something that we don't see or hear.

Tags
advice , aww , cat , cat in heat , cats , cool , crazy , crying , depressed , fast , fixed , happy , heat , hey , home , house , in heat , indoor , kittens , kitty , litter , lost , love , meow , meowing , missing , night , peeing , pet , play , sleep , sleeping , spayed , vet , vomit , vomiting , water , weird

Sponsored Cat Links