It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-25-2008   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

MyKacy is on a distinguished road
Unhappy One minute affection, feisty the next??? why?

Hi all, I have a tortoiseshell cat, Kacy nearly 7 months old, one minute she comes and walks and nudge my face while i'm on computer and later when you pop out for a little while and come back, she'll sit there look at you then i'll pick her up to cuddle her and not 5 minutes she just suddenly try to claw and bite my face! clawed top bit of my ear today which was sore and drew blood or bites and claw my hand. I've heard tortoishell are feisty cats and Kacy is one! this only happened in the last few months and only does this if i pick her up, guess she does this when she has her moments??

Anyone experience this problem?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

Both my cats are like this with everyone with me. One minute they are all cute and playeful. Next minute they want to bite your face off. I think cats are just very much the bosses of thier own show. They want what they want when they want and that includes or exclused there humans/employees-lol. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Unless, you cat becomes aggressive to the point it is really hurting you or someone less.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-26-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Yes, cats are like this, specially kittens. My little Dino is literally driving mad all of us. Next month he will be neutered & all will change for good
Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

MyKacy is on a distinguished road

As i'm a first time cat owner, just wary about this..

Thought it was me as she gets told off alot for been naughty.. she bite my leg for no reason this morning!

She's so loving in the morning, headbutts me..

Thanks you for the replys.
Unread 10-26-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

You welcome! You only need to be patient...

Unread 10-27-2008   #6 (permalink)
Purdy'sMomma

My kitten is the same way, I really thought my kitty was crazy as well. I guess we will just have to take the experts on this one. ha ha ha

Unread 10-28-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

No, not only yours. My little Dino is peacefully sitting with me when suddenly bites me, little mad thing!

Unread 11-05-2008   #8 (permalink)
Chelle

I have a 4 month old tortoiseshell Somali cross and i have exactly the same issue. She is adorable one minute and spiteful and nasty the next. My vet told me that tortoishell cats have a different temperment but he wasnt sure if it was because of her breed, as its not normal kitten behaviour. I looked at this site for an answer.

Unread 11-06-2008   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Hi Chelle & welcome!

I'm owned by 6 spoiled furkids & another two in the Bridge from different breeds & I can assure that is a totally normal kitten behaviour.

Hope to see your kit's pics soon!

Unread 11-18-2008   #10 (permalink)
Fr. Gregory

Our little Dulcinea is like this also...but it usually when she doesn't like what I'm doing. Example: last night she was sitting quietly in my lap getting her usual back rub and being stroked (she LOVES this)...and I had to get up and stir dinner on the stove. So I picked her up and took her with me. When I brought her back into the livingroom to sit down and again and resume her back rub, she showed me how displeased she was with the interruption and began biting and scratching me and drew blood. I just put her down. Later she came back (in HER own time) and we resumed and she was fine. Cats seem ALWAYS to be 'in charge' and they dislike it when we impose OUR will on them. In this they are rather like spoiled children.

Fr. Gregg

Tags
adorable , aggressive , behaviour , bite , bites , biting , breed , breeds , cat , cats , children , computer , crazy , cute , groom , hey , kitten , kittens , kitty , loving , moments , morning , night , problem , scratching , vet , why? , worry

Sponsored Cat Links