It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
Rebekah

Default New Cat Worries

Hi everyone!

I was lucky enough to be accepted to adopt a cat from Cat's Protection yesterday.
The little man has done really well and got used to his room and me really quickly. He's very affectionate and slept on my bed all night.

However, I'm a little worried as he hasn't used the litter tray at all yet.

I started by using the wood chip pellets in the tray, thinking this may be the problem, I've changed it today to the grit type.

Still not interested.

I'm aware that it may all be down to him being in new surroundings, however my main concern is for his health and how normal this may be?

Has anyone else experienced this? and has anyone got any tips?

Thank you!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-28-2008   #2 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

Is your cat eating and drinking? When I moved with my cats into a new home. They didn't use the litter box for like 2 days. I was a train wreck their my babies! If it goes on more than 72 hrs I would consult a vet. Could be anxiety or a health issue. And congrats on your new fur baby!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-29-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Hi Rebeka & welcome!

I'm Maya, the mum of 6 spoiled & lovely kits you can see in my gallery.

Congrats for your new kit! What's his name?

I never experienced it, but as A-Rod's asked: did he eat & drink something? if yes, he must use the litter box... Maybe he went to another place you didn't see... If this continues, pls pay a visit to the vet's ASAP.

Pls keep us posted & good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-29-2008   #4 (permalink)
Rebekah

Hello, thank you for you help!

I think I was seeking a little reassurance that he'd be okay. After about 28 hours Louie did his first poop last night, bless him and seemed very pleased with himself.

I think changing the litter really helped and of course, just giving him a bit of time.

You're right though, if he's eating and drinking fine, which he was, it's got to come out at some point!

Thanks for the warm welcome and help.

Unread 10-29-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Oh, so good news! I'm glad he's doing well now
What's your location Rebekah?

Unread 10-29-2008   #6 (permalink)
Rebekah

Yeah, it definitly is a relief!

I'm in Derby in the UK.

I'll upload some pictures soon of Louie into the right section.

Unread 10-29-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Oh nice! My friend Cheryl (Che) will be very happy to welcome another Brit. She's from South Wales. I'm not sure if she will be on line today; yesterday she told me she will be busy today.
By the way, I'm from Israel.

Bye for now,

Unread 10-29-2008   #8 (permalink)
Laura the spanish

Smile

Hi Rebekah!!! Welcome to the forum! I'm Laura and I live with two beauties: Misae and Zöe. I'm from Barcelona, Spain. Is your Louie still doing right?

Unread 10-29-2008   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Hola Laurita!

How's your girls doing?

Unread 10-29-2008   #10 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,I'm here,welcome Rebekah.Just having a little break from my grandchildren, they're having an afternoon nap.Oh dear spoke too soon Harvey is stirring,see you all tomorrow.xxxxx

Tags
adopt a cat , adorable , affectionate , anxiety , babies , baby , behaviour , box , care , cat , cat's , cats , changed , eating , fun , funny , fur , great , happy , health , hey , home , joy , litter , litter box , loving , lucky , new cat , new home , night , pictures , poop , problem , tips , type , upload , vet

Sponsored Cat Links