It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-29-2008   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

lagirl1966 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy bad behavior from Boots

Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I never had this problem before. I love to lay down with Boots. But he dosen't like to be held. He growls, hisses, and sometimes even stratches me! He still has claws. Why is he like this? My other two kitties loved to lay down with me. He did come from a pet shop. I got him as a gift after my stuffy passed away. He was 18 years old. Boots loved to lay down with me when I first got him, he was a baby then. But is it because he is spoiled from coming from a pet shop? My other two were abandoned and I saved them. This is really getting on my nerves. I just want to love him!

Trish
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Sorry my friend, but what is the problem between you two? because I cannot believe his behaviour. I'm sure something is upsetting him; try to reveal what is it if you can... Is it only with you or someone else in your family (human)?

Good luck & keep us posted,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-29-2008   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hi Maya,
It is with anyone. My son tries to pick him up and he hates it. But when we are sitting or standing boots will come and rub against us. He just hates it when we hold him. I have such an undying love for cats, that I love to snuggle with them. Boots just dosent like to be "held against his will" as my son calls it. He thinks I am mean to do it! But I just want to love him. Are you that way with your kits? Do you hold them and love them? Every once in a while he will jump on my lap, but he is so big he dosent stay long. But this is only once in a while. Thanks

Trish
Unread 10-29-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Well, I can say that cats are "just like this". Sometimes they want to be held, sometimes not. It is said that the cat is the one who chooses you & not the opposite.
My 12 year old Domino hates to be hold & also don't even try to touch his
body, he only lets you to touch his head & ears, specially the ears...

So, good luck my friend. Cats are like humans: some are more friendly than others...

Unread 10-29-2008   #5 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

Some cats just don't like to be held. Cats have unique personalities like humans. It is hard to campare them to thier feline companions. Has he always been like this? Is it something new? As long as he isn't aggressive at other times, I wouldn't worry. My cats sometimes let me hold them, sometimes not. Cats make their own rules for their humans!

Unread 10-30-2008   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Red face

Thankyou both for the advice. Boots has been this way for a long time. When I first got him in 2004 he was only 6 weeks old .. and so cute! He loved to snuggle up to me in bed. Now that he is grown up .. and very big I might add, he just dosen't like to be held. But he will rub against us when we are not in bed, and he will lay at the foot of my bed to. I guess some cats are just like this. They want it on thier own terms! So should I not force him to lay with me then? Sometimes he starts to growl and hiss and then stops after a few minutes and actually stretches out next to me under the covers. He loves to be under the covers! He is just weird. Thanks again guys!
Trish
Unread 10-30-2008   #7 (permalink)
buttercup

Don't fret about this behavior. We had Oscars sister too and he was okay to be picked up but she didn't. We got them from a pet store as well and felt that we had rescued them. Maddie is gone now but I do think she loved us as much as Oscar its just that she was more aloof then he.

Unread 10-30-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Hi Trish!

As you said, don't force him, he will lay with you only if he decides to do so. I don't think he doesn't love you, he's not weird, he's different.
Each one of my kits has a different character, some are more affectionate than the others... Don't worry, let him be as he is.

Good luck!

Unread 11-01-2008   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Thankyou for the advice Maya and buttercup,
It is hard not to want to pick him up though. I don't want to force him, I just want him to lay with me. My other kits always did. I guess I have to get used to his attitude. You know what else he does? When he is in a playful mood and we get to chasing him around, he keeps it up and when we are walking down the hallway he attacks our feet! He also sticks his head in empty toilet paper packages and walks around with the bag on his head! He is a goof ball. Thanks again.
Trish
Unread 11-01-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Wink

Mine do the same with the bags if I let them

Tags
advice , affectionate , aggressive , baby , bad behavior , behavior , behaviour , cats , claws , cool , cute , dying , family , friendly , gift , growl , growls , hey , hiss , kitties , love , pet , problem , question , stop , upset , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links