It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-13-2008   #1 (permalink)
tomnjerry

Default Cats and Dogs

I just got 2 kittens from Animal Control hence unknown background, I have 3 dogs at home already. I let the cats see the dogs while they were in their crates and the cats freaked out and started hissing at them and ran away and wouldn't come back into the room. Now I am keeping the cats away from the dogs until they see a vet, no direct contact. But for most cats especially kittens should this behavior pass once they are in my home for a while? And is there anything I can do to make them more comfortable around the dogs?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-13-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

What's your name? I'm Maya, the mum of 6 spoiled furkids (all cats) you can see in my gallery
You did the correct thing: the dogs were before the kittens. If it was the opposite, the cats would never accept the dogs.
Let the kits two weeks or so to get used to the dogs & you'll see all will be Okay.

Good luck & pls keep us posted..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-14-2008   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

We also have dogs in our house and got one spoiled cat...First when he was introduce to the dogs he's kind of scared one but eventually about a weeks he used to be with the dogs...And now it's like the dogs were ghost and he didn't see them even they are barking...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

Tags
animal , behavior , cat , cats , dog , dogs , hey , hissing , home , house , kittens , scared , vet

Sponsored Cat Links