It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
Soun4getable

Default Vampire cat!

Ok we all know that some cats bite especially when they tire of their humans attention. However, Sadie does not let go. As I was typing a post in a different forum with her sweet self lying next to me she bit my arm and did not let go. She does not bite in a mean way she just digs in her teeth and doesn't let go. It starts to hurt after awhile. She doesn't draw blood but, I am sure you know how a cat will sometimes bite to get your attention, it is the same type of bite but she just doesn't let go. PLUS she is a chewer. She loves paper, particularly whatever novel I happen to be reading at the time. Has anybody seen this bite and not releasing behavior before?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-24-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Yes, my baby Dino did it some time ago but now he's forgetting it, txs God!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Your cat is really a vampire!!! She can be one of the cast of Twighlight LOLz...Never encounter that kind of bite with my cat...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 11-24-2008   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Yes,Toto likes to bite like this.If I say "ouch" loud he stops.xxxxx
Unread 11-24-2008   #5 (permalink)
Soun4getable

Sadie is strange, she doesn't let go regardless of anything I say. She almost acts as if it is a comfort thing (as I look at my wrist and am thankful the welts are gone)

Unread 11-24-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Next time try with water spray on his face (each time it happens, of course)

Unread 11-24-2008   #7 (permalink)
Soun4getable

I can't bring myself to spray her for this behavior. She gets herself sprayed enough as it is while she learns that the kitchen table is NOT a good place to try to take a nap, nor are the kitchen counters of the coffee table. As long as she doesn't break the skin and she acts like it is a comfort thing I don't want to punish her. Hopefully it is just because she is still a kitten and she will outgrow it over the next year.

Unread 11-24-2008   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

How old is Sadie?Toto was 1 in June.xxxxx
Unread 11-24-2008   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soun4getable View Post
I can't bring myself to spray her for this behavior. She gets herself sprayed enough as it is while she learns that the kitchen table is NOT a good place to try to take a nap, nor are the kitchen counters of the coffee table. As long as she doesn't break the skin and she acts like it is a comfort thing I don't want to punish her. Hopefully it is just because she is still a kitten and she will outgrow it over the next year.
Okay, so you must be patient...

Unread 11-24-2008   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

whansen02 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Okay, so you must be patient...
Yup. They can be difficult (just like our kids no?). Sadie sounds like she is trying your love. Although you are spraying her a fair bit as it stands, you may want to switch what your spraying her for until she learns not to be
Quote:
vampire
anymore. Let the other things slide for now. At least her being on the counter tops isn't hurting anyone.

Tags
baby , behavior , bite , bites , cat , cats , girl , hey , hurt , kitten , kittens , licking , love , outdoor , pet , smart , type , water

Sponsored Cat Links