It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-28-2008   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Just out of curiosity does he bite her neck? because if that's the case it sounds like he wants to 'mate' with her.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-28-2008   #12 (permalink)
uofmoo

Default She is the instigator :)

In my case, it's the girl who's instigating the fighting - she is older than the two male foster kittens, and it's always the ears that she licks then bites hard. The other one when she pins him, it's more like wrestling where once he stops playing (which is almost never) then she lets him go.

Last night I decided to separate them (i've done this once before and it seemed to make them all get along much better the next day) and the same results today. my kitten was much more affectionate with me, and went to the door letting me know she wanted to play with the kittens. I opened the 2nd bedroom door and sure enough the two were happily sleeping away on the bed i made for them. they were happy to come out and play and there was less of the biting and really rough play - more chasing and tumbling about (with her mostly instigating). the two kittens will play together as well, biting and diving/jumping/launching ontop of each other, but it seems to only be the resident girl who bites to hurt on occasion. if i discipline her she used to let go right away but lately she hangs on until i get up and physically separate them.

I've had the two fosters for a month, it is hard to know which is the better fit for her, or if she wants company at all. She is more active with them for sure. she does enjoy the evening alone with me (as do i), but in the morning she wakes me up b/c she is eager to play with them again.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-29-2008   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Wink

Tough girl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 12-29-2008   #14 (permalink)
ShariN

That is a dominance behavior.
Same problem will happen in an all Queen (spayed) house hold.

We have a 7/8 Maine coon cat female that was raised with our Orange Marmalade female...both were fixed very young. About a year old is when you get the territorial issues in some cats.

At first Nari would just do what your male would... then things got worse. Water bottle didn't help. Nari got "time out" in the bathroom and that seemed to help for awhile

Got to the point that Nari decided she did not like her buddy or our other cat even though they were raised togther. So to keep Sadie (orange cat) from getting hurt badly, again... Nari was sent to live in our shed.. nicely set up mind. Just did not need the Vet bills, or to have our others hurt to the point of screaming and blood draw.
A number of days later my DS asked to let Nari back in the house with the rest and since then... haven't had much of an issue. Every once in awhile I can see she is thinking about hurting one of the other cats but she now knows what will happen if she starts up.

Might not work for everyone but this has worked for us.

Unread 01-01-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

nah, they're just playing. if she allows it, he's not hurting her, so not to worry!

Tags
affectionate , behavior , bills , bite , bites , biting , boy , cat , cats , clean , crying , dominance , female , fighting , foster , friends , fun , girl , happy , hey , house , hurt , interesting , joy , jumping , kitten , kittens , maine coon , maine coon cat , male , morning , night , play , playing , queen , question , sad , sleep , sleeping , spayed , struggle , territorial , vet bills , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links