It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-25-2008   #1 (permalink)
Mistygirl

Default Why does he bite her this way?

Just posted this elsewhere, new here, sorry!

Why does my 8.5 yr old male bite the 1.5 yr old giril in the neck and pin her down so she can't move.

Tjis behavior upsets me.

Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-26-2008   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Poor little girl...I have no idea what's happening to him why he bite her like that...probably he hates her...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-26-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

I don't think he hates her,my oldest boy,Cat,(12) does it to Marley,she's 5.They will be sleeping and cuddling for ages,then he will wake up,start washing her,then bite her,I think he is trying to get a bit fresh with her.But she has none of it and screams at him and scarpers.xxxxx
Unread 11-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

Hi & welcome!

Are your cats neutered?

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 11-26-2008   #5 (permalink)
Mistygirl

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think he hates her. They do play alot and have fun. He'll clean her and the 3 of them will sleep together. He'll let her even sleep with 1/2 her body on him! I wonder if it's because she's a girl? This is the 1st girl cat we've had.

Yes all my cats are neutered and spayed.

It just makes me sad for her.

Unread 11-27-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Yes, poor thing

Don't worry, it happens to my kits also. In one moment they are good friends & suddenly they struggle each one to the other like mad things...

Unread 12-03-2008   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

I think the biting thing is quite a normal behavior among cats. Some cats tend to be more domineering than the others. Don't worry bout it.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 12-04-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Question

And what's the situation now?

Unread 12-04-2008   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road

i cant belive what someone just wrote i had to look at twice he does not hate her hes letting her know whos boss like mother cats do to their litter when they step a foot out of line.
Unread 12-28-2008   #10 (permalink)
uofmoo

LOL well it is an interesting question! do they dislike each other or just some sort of pecking order thing.... i have a kitten Moto who is 8 months old (spayed) and have two (not yet neutered) 4 month old foster kittens - I was trying to decide if one of them would be a good companion for Moto... she does the same thing to one of them (licks then bites and holds on tight despite him crying out) and the other one she'll pin down. yet, she'll sleep with each of them bundled next to her each night. it's bizarre and hard to get a good read on what to do.

Tags
affectionate , behavior , bills , bite , bites , biting , boy , cat , cats , clean , crying , dominance , female , fighting , foster , friends , fun , girl , happy , hey , house , hurt , interesting , joy , jumping , kitten , kittens , maine coon , maine coon cat , male , morning , night , play , playing , queen , question , sad , sleep , sleeping , spayed , struggle , territorial , vet bills , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links