It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

nastursim is on a distinguished road
Default sleeping behaviour

I have a mother cat who is 1 and 6 4 week old kittens. The are in an enclosed area so i can lock the mother in with them at night time, and during the day i take the top off and she can get out. Anyway, the mother has started sleeping on the roof during the day, and the kittens have started sleeping in the new kitty litter tray. They have a box that they sleep in at night, but in the day i take it out so they have more room to play and i just leave there blanket in the house, and that was fine, but i have now added a litter tray for them to experiment with, and at first they ate it, and now they are sleeping in it. How do i get them to realise that it is for peeing in? The mother doesn't seem interested in showing them how to go to the toilet as she has a separate box and in the day i take it out otherwise they play in it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-07-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Very interesting... All the kittens I had (also the ones we rescued from the street) knew they must pee in the litter box. It seems to be something natural for them to do.
If it doesn't happen, I've heard that need to put them there each hour or so in order to show them.

Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-08-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi,you say you take their sleeping box out in the day,so they have more room to play.But they need to sleep in the day also.Dylan had 4 kittens last year,kittens sleep a lot.Someone told me when they're sleeping they are growing.xxxxx
Unread 12-08-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
Hi,you say you take their sleeping box out in the day,so they have more room to play.But they need to sleep in the day also.Dylan had 4 kittens last year,kittens sleep a lot.Someone told me when they're sleeping they are growing.xxxxx
Didn't know that...

Unread 12-08-2008   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

nastursim is on a distinguished road

I do realise they need to sleep in the day, but they also get very active and they like to run about that is why I provided them with more space and just put their blanket in there, and they will lay on it to feed, but if one silly kittens sleeps in the box, they will all follow. I came home tonight to find all 6 of them squeezed into the child size shoe box, very squashy but they all managed to get in without hanging out. I have tryed scratching their paws in it but i cannot do this after every feed as they feed as they like and i cannot not always be there.
Unread 12-08-2008   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Aw love them,they are a joy to watch.Be patient,they will do it soon.I promise.xxxxx
Unread 12-09-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Oh they are cute little things, what a pity they grow up so quickly!

Unread 12-09-2008   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Have you got some pics of them for us to see?xxxxx
Unread 12-09-2008   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Yes, it will be great to see them!

Unread 12-09-2008   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
When they're sleeping they are growing...Now I know why kittens like to sleep always...They are in the process of development...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

Tags
adorable , beautiful , behaviour , black , box , cat , children , cute , great , hey , home , house , interesting , joy , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , litter box , love , natural , night , pee , peeing , pet , play , poo , scratching , silly , sleep , sleeping

Sponsored Cat Links