It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
MrCatMan2

Question Cat keeps following me recently

Hello,
My cat has been following me around for the past few days and she normally follows my brother I have no idea why she is following me but she crawls under my bed and lays in boxes (This is normal except for its my bed) and when I look at her she meows loudly. We have had her and her sister for almost six or seven years now and I am confused about her recent behaviour change.

Thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-11-2008   #2 (permalink)
hunnybunny

One of my three kittens actually followed me around when I was down with the flu for a week. She would follow me to the bathroom, the kitchen and the bedroom. She would stay under my bed and not complain at all. She was really like Oscar the Hospice Cat back then.

Incidentally, have you been taking any new medication or been using new perfume that might have altered the way you "smell" to your cat?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-11-2008   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Probably something change in you that makes your cat followed you...not sure with that...or maybe your cat want something to tell you... very strange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 12-11-2008   #4 (permalink)
MrCatMan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnybunny View Post
One of my three kittens actually followed me around when I was down with the flu for a week. She would follow me to the bathroom, the kitchen and the bedroom. She would stay under my bed and not complain at all. She was really like Oscar the Hospice Cat back then.

Incidentally, have you been taking any new medication or been using new perfume that might have altered the way you "smell" to your cat?
No I have not. I've been going through my daily routine like normal and she just started following me.

Unread 12-12-2008   #5 (permalink)
hunnybunny

Maybe your cat is bored with your sister's room and needs a change of scene. I also think that your cat may be trying to tell you something.

The kitten who followed me around was the least affectionate in her litter. It really surprised me when she decided to watch over me.

Sometimes, our cats also follow us and smell us down especially when we've just come home. We think it's because we might have picked up another cat's scent.

Then again, your cat may have just finally decided to accept you as the "mutant" member of her litter. I read it somewhere that cats actually think of us as strange "cats" and that it takes some time before they finally accept us as part of their litter.

Unread 12-12-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Oh yeah, I agree with the last thread...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
affectionate , another cat , behaviour , cat , cat's , cats , hey , home , kitten , kittens , litter , smell

Sponsored Cat Links