It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-16-2008   #1 (permalink)
Rayne

Default Little manx pees EVERYWHERE!!

Hi! this is my first post here, and I know there is a similar post below but I was not sure if it was okay to add my question to the op. please forgive!

I have a manx kitten (male) of around 8 -9 weeks old. the person who I got him from was not too sure on his age. When we got him he would NOT use the litter box at all and I figured it would not be too hard to train him as it usually isnt. (we have 3 other cats besides him). Well, after a little over a week he finally poops in the box but does not pee in it. He pees on my carpet. And while there was a great idea above about moving the food and water over the spot ( i may try it anyway just because it would keep our dogs out of it :P ) that would eliminate one area.. he seems to pee where ever he wants too, rather then just one spot. I adore this baby but he is the most hard headed cat I have ever owned!!! My husband says if he doesnt stop soon we will have to find him a new home and I really don't want to have to make him leave. He is wonderful in every other way but this. Can you help?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-16-2008   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

Have you taken him to the vet?I have heard somewhere tailess cats sometimes have issues with going to the bathroom.Good luck and I hope you get to keep the cat
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-16-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

He does go to the bathroom but not in the correct place...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 12-16-2008   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

They sell some cleaners that will remove the smell of urine and also try cat attract litter.Peeing in innapropriate places can also be a sign of illness.
Unread 12-16-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Question

You're correct, I didn't think about it. Rayne, if he continues pls consult your vet.

Unread 12-16-2008   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Cleaning cat pees is very hard for me...I really hate the smell....Anyway, they are right if that situation continue, you need a vet...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 12-17-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

I also hate the smell!
I think you must go to the vet ASAP.

Unread 01-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Hi! this is my first post here, and I know there is a similar post below but I was not sure if it was okay to add my question to the op. please forgive!

I have a manx kitten (male) of around 8 -9 weeks old. the person who I got him from was not too sure on his age. When we got him he would NOT use the litter box at all and I figured it would not be too hard to train him as it usually isnt. (we have 3 other cats besides him). Well, after a little over a week he finally poops in the box but does not pee in it. He pees on my carpet. And while there was a great idea above about moving the food and water over the spot ( i may try it anyway just because it would keep our dogs out of it :P ) that would eliminate one area.. he seems to pee where ever he wants too, rather then just one spot. I adore this baby but he is the most hard headed cat I have ever owned!!! My husband says if he doesnt stop soon we will have to find him a new home and I really don't want to have to make him leave. He is wonderful in every other way but this. Can you help?
How are you making out with your kitten? You may have to retrain. This involves keeping him in a small space (such as a bathroom, or even a large animal crate) with his litter box, food and toys. Cats are normally fastidious so he's not going to want to pee on the floor if it's right near his food, so it will force him to use the box. generally 2 weeks is sought to be sufficient.

Tags
age , animal , baby , box , carpet , cat , cats , cleaning , dogs , food , great , hey , home , kitten , litter , litter box , male , manx , moving , new home , pee , peeing , person , question , small , smell , stop , toys , urine , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links