It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-24-2008   #1 (permalink)
Purrity

Wink Merry Christmas...am new here

Greetings everyone,

Merry Christmas. I'm Jack and just joined the forum about one hour ago and love what people have to say here. Greetings to all of you from Southern California.

I once had a cat but Pepper passed away about 3 years ago and I didn't have the heart to get another. But I've alwasy realled adored these creatures--so proud and peaceful. Also, compounding matters is that I tend to travel to conferences a great deal. Moreover, currently being single meant I'm away from my home for long days at a time--and there's no one to really watch my cat were I to get another. These factors made it hard for me to get another cat. But I think the time is right again as my time management is stabilizing.

I suppose I'll start off with three questions: 1) Will cats go downstairs if I put the litter box on the first floor of my home (in winter it's colder and in summer it's hotter than the second floor)? I was a renter for many years and never had a two-story dwelling until my recent home purchase... 2) I have white leather couches...if I adopt a an adult cat, will it still scratch? 3) Should I get two cats given one might be too lonely?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year...

Jack

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome Jack!

I'm Maya, the Mom of 6 spoilt furkids you can see in my gallery

Concerning your questions: It will be better you'll put two litter boxes, one
downstairs & the second one upstairs. It will be a problem for you?
There is a stuff called "cat tree" where they can scratch freely.
The best will be to give two cats & better if they are brothers.
Good luck & hope you'll have additions soon!

Merry Xmas from the Holy Land!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-26-2008   #3 (permalink)
Purrity

Default thanks!

Hi Maya,

Thank you for your tips. I did think of getting two...but that would be a handful for now, so I'll see how my career pans out in the summer. If there's more time I'll certainly bring sibling felines into the picture as you so wisely suggested. Happy New Year to you and to everyone on this site! :0)

Jack

Unread 12-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

You welcome Jack!

It will be nice to see pics of your additions I hope soon!

Take care,

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
adult , another cat , box , california , care , cat , cats , christmas , great , happy , hey , home , jack , litter , litter box , litter boxes , love , mat , nice , picture , problem , scratch , story , tips , travel

Sponsored Cat Links