It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2008   #1 (permalink)
PunkRckrRyoki

Arrow Change in litter box behavior

My cat is 14 if not younger or older, but old non the less. I found him on my ex boyfriends doorstep starving to death and he's had plenty of problems but recently has taken to going head 1st into the litterbox and then peeing like he thinks he's in it.

He's never done this before but he's used to going to the bathroom outside and the only reason he's using the litter box now is because it's to cold outside.

I dont know how to correct him of his behavior, if i even can.

Does anyone know why he would change how he uses the little box? Or how to fix it?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-27-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

You may need to take him to the vet's to rule out any health problems, it could be that the litter box isn't big enough for him,so you could try getting a larger one, so that he can turn around in it easily enough, don't punish him as he wont know why he is in trouble, I hope everything works out for you both!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-27-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Yes I agree with Maggiemay, you must take him to the vet first
Maybe it isn't a behaviour problem but a health one, you can never know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
behavior , behaviour , box , cat , cold , found , health , litter , litter box , litterbox , peeing , problem , problems , vet

Sponsored Cat Links