It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
KaylaBug

Default Baby & Smokey Gone Crazy?

Ok, I just joined in search for some opinions on why my Baby is acting mean toward my other cat, Smokey. Baby is starting to get more mature (as in she is growing) and she is about 8months old now. Neither her nor Smokey (male) are fixed [but getting them fixed soon so no worries ] She has been basically tracking Smokey down during the day. She walks around looking for him and then when she finds him (usually laying on the bed not messing with her or anything) she attacks him. I'm not sure if she is just playing but this behavior has started like this just recently. She will jump on him and get him all tore up until he will meow (well in his case squeak) and he will fight back with her and then when they stop for a minute they both look like they are ready to tear each other up. I will shoo Baby off and when I go sit down or continue what I was doing just for one second she is right back over there on him as soon as I leave. She does this repeatedly and I know Smokey doesn't like it. Does anyone know why she may be acting this way?

I also have a question about Smokey. Here recently he has been walking around the house just meowing, like he thinks he is alone or something. I'm not sure why he does this, but he started doing this after Baby ran outside while we had the door opened and she was outside for a while. She came back in and he started following her around and he's been meowing like this ever since. Any suggestions for my kitties?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-04-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

My guess is Baby is in heat. And since she escaped outside she may be pregnant. I recommend you get her spayed right away. Sounds like Smokey's not sexually mature yet but it won't be long, so if Baby's not pregnant yet, she will be.

Some cats are just talkers, I have several who like to just walk around and peep or prrt or meow. May be un related to Baby, or perhaps may be he's reacting to her hormones but doesn't quite know what to do about them yet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I totally agree. Run to the vet & get her spayed ASAP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
baby , behavior , cat , cats , crazy , fight , fixed , heat , hey , house , in heat , kitties , male , meow , meowing , playing , pregnant , question , search , spayed , stop , suggestions , vet

Sponsored Cat Links