It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road
Default can antone help?!

hi, bout six oclock tonight my kitten which ive had for about 3-4 weeks has started acting strangly walking around sticking her bum up in the air? i think it might be constpation does any have any other ideas? please help its freaking me out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Hi Pink..... Do you think its constipation because she can't seem to go? Could she have eaten something like string or wire? Before Christmas Zipper ate part of dhs earphone and I had to pull out about of inches of wire from her butt. Has she been dewormed at all?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-05-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Sounds to me like she's in heat.

How old is she? Don't let her outside, and call the vet and make an appointment to get her spayed ASAP!!!!
Unread 01-05-2009   #4 (permalink)
KittyCity

Yeah, she's definitely in heat.

Unread 01-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

maybe in heat but pay a visit to the vet, just in case...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 01-06-2009   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chris246 is on a distinguished road

Kittens can start coming into heat from 5 months of age, it sounds very much like this is her first call .if you are not breeding from her be kind to her and get her spayed
Chris xxx

Trinny, Lacymae,Saphira,Tiegan,Smoothie,Cassie,Indie,Fudge ,Blaize
Unread 01-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj29 View Post
Hi Pink..... Do you think its constipation because she can't seem to go? Could she have eaten something like string or wire? Before Christmas Zipper ate part of dhs earphone and I had to pull out about of inches of wire from her butt. Has she been dewormed at all?
You were lucky this went okay.

In general you should never pull anything from a cat's anus or mouth. You could do terrible damage. If your cat swallows a string, thread, wire etc, even if you can see it poking out one end or the other, the safest thing to do is take kitty to the vet.
Unread 01-06-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

I have had experience with this when another cat we had had eaten tinsel from our tree. I didn't yank it out but gently pulled it a little at a time and watched her very closely for a couple of days after. There wasn't any blood and she didn't cry at any point. DH used to work for the citys animal control and had spent a lot of time with vets who told him a lot of stuff about first aid on pets etc. No I would never endanger my furkids health. At any sign of complications I would have had her in the car and over to the vets.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 01-06-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I totally agree with you

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 01-06-2009   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road

hi thanks everone for your replies, trixie has been to the toilet so dont think it was constipation, it was so weird she was miawing and sticking her bum up in the air and been really loving but over the top she has now stopped what she was doing and gone to sleep.. dont worry i dont let her outside hopefully she will be a house kitten and cat and also if not i would get her done, it was really strange what she was doing never seen a cat do that before my other cat i got from a rescue home when he was 5 years old and also a boy so dont think he would do that anyway thanx again for your replies

Tags
addition , age , animal , another cat , art , boy , breed , breeding , car , cat , cat's , cats , christmas , constipation , crazy , female , fixed , health , heat , hey , home , house , in heat , indoor , infection , kitten , kittens , kitty , loving , lucky , male , rescue , sleep , spayed , type , vet , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links