It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
chickengirl2004

Unhappy please help im running out of ideas and patience

im having a few issues with my baby, zoot. 1) he has for about a yea now been throwing up randomly. he is 2 1/2 years old snowshoe and this has happened for the past year. there is no signs of worms. and i thought it might be his food. i changed his food about 3 months ago because his other food was causing him to throw up. and since i have changed it he has only gotten sick a few times. but im not sure i have "fixed" the issue. the food i am now feeding him is meow mix wholesome goodness. also right before he throws up he mowl/howls letting me know he is gonna throw up. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what it might be.
2) the other issue is that he keeps peeing on my bed. he only pees on blankets and occasionally my pillow. ive used cat stain and odor remover and it doesn't work. ive have also tried many other things. we recently (2 weeks ago max) treated him for a uti and he still does it. i keep his litter box as clean as possible. any ideas? please help. he only pees on bjankets on the bed or small piles of clothes on the floor which i try to keep up off the floor. never on the carpet or a bare mattress. i can't keep doing my bedding every 2-3 days. i dont have that much time or money. i am open for ideas and plan on taking him to the vets here in the next 2 weeks as soon as bills get taken care of fom the holidays. thanks again.

zoot vomits randomly. sometimes right after other times he hasnt eatten for a while before that. and the vomit considency varries from chunky he has just eaten to very water like he hasn't eaten in a while. he seems to do it more so at night. i will try the grooming thing. and keep you posted thanks for some ideas.
p.s. he did pee again on the blankets last night.

Last edited by chickengirl2004; 01-08-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: adding more information

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Sorry, but the best will be to pay a visit to the vet's & imm if possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Since he is still peeing inappropriately he may still be having bladder trouble. Antibiotics can clear up the bacterial infeciton, but if he is forming cyrstals in his urine, he will need to be on special diet the rest of his life.

I'd advise you to get him back to the vet as soon as possible becasue males have very narrow urethras and can block very easily and suddenly. Once blocked a male will die within 24 hours and it is a terrible painful death.

He's very likely choosing to pee on soft things because it hurts him to pee. He blames the litter box and so finds soft things like clothes and your bed to pee on.

As for the vominting, lots of cats vomit. Does he vomit immediately after eating? How often? Or does he do it randomly at other times? I have two cats who announce their intent to vomit with loud howls also.

He may just be having a problem with hair balls. I would mention it to the vet of course, but starting him on a course of hairball remedy (laxatone or petromalt) may help. Daily grooming with a comb or brush by you will cut down on the hair he ingests.

Another vomiting cause is the old Scarf and Barf. the cat scarfs the food down so fast, it comes right back up agan. You can try giving him smaller meals, more often. You can add a little water to his kibble to slow him down. If you addd water, don't leave the kibble sit there if he doens't finish it right away, becuase it will form bacteria after being wet.

I urge you to take your boy back to the vet now, and get a urinalysis done. If he is forming crystals special diet is the only way to control them.

Please do let us know how it turns out.
Unread 01-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
KittyCity

You need to get them to a vet, and do bloodwork.

Unread 01-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
Cindi

My Snowshoe was a faithful litterbox user. When he started peeing on our bed, we were beside ourselves. Turns out, he did, indeed have a urinary tract and/or bladder infection. We gave him antibiotics and he, almost immediately, started using the litterbox again.

I lost a male cat to a blocked uretha. I heartily agree that a visit to the vet and antibiotics are an immediate necessity.

I hope your Zoot is better, now.

Unread 01-30-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

How's Zoot doing??

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
antibiotics , baby , bills , bladder , box , boy , care , carpet , cat , cats , changed , clean , cut , diet , eating , fast , fixed , food , grooming , hair balls , infection , litter , litter box , litterbox , lost , male , mat , meow , money , night , peeing , problem , sad , sick , small , snowshoe , urine , uti , vet , vomit , vomiting , water

Sponsored Cat Links