It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
meekomygato

Question Picky Kitties VS New Litter Box Blues

Hi there! Basic story is that I have 6 cats at home ranging from 2-4 years old. Yes, all fixed and live indoors. We have a small room dedicated to their litter box. A simple big box with litter that we constantly clean. As our number of adopting cats grew to 6. I've come home a few times to find lovely "presents" on the floor.

I am fully aware that there should be more than one litter box in the house. This is where my problem comes in.

I've tried to set up two new other litter boxes in our house. One in another quiet room that they have access too. The second one located in a bathroom (where I have found puddles before so I didn't think there would have been an issue with access to this litter box). They approach the new boxes but they just look at them and run to the original litter box. It's almost as if they give me that look to say, "Ya right buddy! I'm sticking to the first box!"

::Sighs::

I'm not sure what else to try. Why won't my cats use these new litter boxes I have offered. I've put scoops from the original box to try to get familiar smells, have used the same litter, the boxes are similar.... It's been two months already and NOTHING!

I was hoping to train them to use a human toilet (cute, right? haha), but seeing as I have to be stuck to square one. I'm a bit confused.

This is my first post to this forum. (Just registered as a new member today, although have been reading different posts here for a month now. I look forward to posting in the future!)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

hi & wecome!

I think you must put all the litterboxes together in the first small room & probably like this they will better understand that those new "things" are also litter boxes. Give a try & keep us posted.
Hope to see their pics soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
hi & wecome!

I think you must put all the litterboxes together in the first small room & probably like this they will better understand that those new "things" are also litter boxes. Give a try & keep us posted.
Hope to see their pics soon!
That was my thought too.

Welcome meekomygeto.

Do you know who the culprit is? One of the cats may need the vet.
Unread 01-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
meekomygato

I didn't think of that idea. I just put the two additional boxes in the same room. ::waits::

I don't know who it is. Since it doesn't happen a lot, I can never catch the cuplit. I'm hoping to ask when I take them for their check-ups.

Unread 01-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road

OK, pls keep us posted

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
box , cats , clean , cute , fixed , found , hey , home , house , kitties , litter , litter box , litter boxes , new member , problem , small , story , vet

Sponsored Cat Links