It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
jwakeford

Default At wits end!!!!

Hello dear readers,
I rescued this cat from going to the pound. He is an angel when the sun comes up till the sun set then satin comes out. He is a Maine Coon weights 16 lbs. He started out by lying on my pillow above my head the first night then there after he attacks me attacks the bed. I dont mean play attack I mean ATTACKS. He has tore the mini blinds off my window. We decided ok no more in the bedroom. Its been 3 months and we had been enclosing him in the bathroom with the door closed.Its a big bathroom. (His litter box is in there and we set up ont he other side for his food at night) Well he has managed to loosen the door from the hindges and we have to replace the door knob from him trying to get out of the bathroom. Ive gotten calming vitiams, A laser light and played with him for several hours to wear him down before night fall nothin seems to help. His behavior has put me at wits end. I need a good night sleep. I need to let these scars heal. My hubby just adors him and like I said during the day he is just fine. Im turning into a prude with him. I get maybe 2-3 hours a sleep a night because of him.( We live in an apartment building) when he trys to get out of the bathroom ot sounds like someone throwing bricks at the door. Naturally I get up so the neighbors dont bite my head off. So if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do before I end breaking my hubby's heart and sending Chuckykitty (Cat of Chucky) away.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello, thank you for rescuing this kitty.

I recommend you try a feliway plug in or two and some rescue remedy. Maybe one plug in in the bathroom with him at night, and another in another room he spends a lot of time in.

Comfort Zone® with Feliway® for Cats

the Rescue remedy can be added to his water, food, or simply rubbed on him. You can use it for yoruself, too<ggg>

Rescue&reg Remedy - Official Site

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
jwakeford

Thank you. I did however (left this out) try the plug in from the vet and it had no effect. I will try the other though I am willing to do anything.

Tags
apartment , behavior , bite , box , cat , cats , food , kitty , laser , litter , litter box , maine coon , night , play , rescue , sleep , suggestions , vet , water , window

Sponsored Cat Links