It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-17-2009   #1 (permalink)
simmer

Default Simmer, not playing

Simmer has been home for 3 days now. she is eating well and I can tell she feels better. But I have never seen her want to play at all. Do you think she is still getting over her URI? It has been about a week and a half. Or is this just her personality? She mostly just walks around or wants to be in my lap. She is very laid back. I still hear her coughing several times a day, but I know she is feeling better. I just worry about her.

- I should add in case you didn't read my first post. I adopted Simmer on the
5th of Jan. from a rescue. She had her spay the next day and after coming home would not eat. She spent a week at the vet to recover. She has an upper respiratory illness. She is 3 months old.

Last edited by simmer; 01-17-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: change

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road

I consider very strange a kitten of his age don't want to play. I think he's recovering from his illness & also maybe adapting herself to her new home.
Pls keep us posted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-17-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Yes I think she's still recovering love.Please be patient,but if in doubt contact the vet. I'm still praying she will make a full recovery.Take care.xxxxx
Unread 01-17-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Poor Simmer has been through an awful lot in less than two weeks. She may just not be ready to play yet. Enjoy her cuddling!

It's just well she's not too lively yet, as her spay incision heals.

Also, some kitties, depending on their beginnings may not know how to play. You can start introducing various Games to her and see if anything interests her. drag a thick shoe lace or string on a stick under a rug or newspaper and see if she'll pounce on it.

crumple a paper (I use junk mail envelopes, the kind with the cellophane windows as those are wonderfully crinkly)

keep us updated!
Unread 01-18-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Simmer has had a lot of trauma in only a short time so you must let nature take its course and let her heal. Shes had a change in everything plus surgery and now this infection. Just give her the tlc she needs plus the basics and she'll respond soon. Eating drinking pooping and peeing are the basics and if there is a change in any or all then you need to worry. I know how hard it is to just standby but at the end of the day Simmer will come around.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 01-18-2009   #6 (permalink)
simmer

Thanks guys, I hope you're right!

Unread 01-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

We'll see. Pls keep us posted & good luck

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 01-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Probably they are right...
You have to give Simmer a time to recover...
And sooner she will recover...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 01-23-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Just checking in, How is Simmer doing, now?

please read this first

Tags
adopted , age , art , care , eating , games , hey , home , infection , joy , kitten , kitties , love , new home , peeing , personality , play , playing , pounce , rescue , spay , surgery , upper respiratory , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links