It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kiloku

Default Ran Away Cat

Well, I have an outdoors cat, who recently hapenned to not come back home anymore. We do see him sometimes on the street, but he avoids us as much as he can, and he's living in a terrain behind a nearby mansion, with a lot of other cats, in what I think that is a feral colony. There was even a time when the mansion caretaker scared him in the direction of my house, but he just stopped a few meters away from home, washed himself, and went somewhere else.
I really like him, and at least I know he's not hurt, but I'd want him to come back home, but he just gave up on living in my house.
I'm pretty sure nobody mistreated him, and we kept him fed all the time he needed. That hapenned just before a very rainy week here.

He's a Non Defined Breed half Siamese cat, if that's helpful.
There's been about 1 week since he went away.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-25-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome,

I'm sorry your cat is not coming home. Maybe he just wants to be with other cats.

You might try leaving food outside when you are able to watch. He may come back to eat. If you do this enough, he may decide that a loving forever home is better than living outdoors with his friends (and it definitely is better).

Good luck, keep us posted.

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Maybe Max was right...
Probably your cat loves hanging out with other cats...
You just keep our eyes on your cat...
Time will come that he will comeback to you...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 01-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Yes, maybe is something temporary & he'll come back...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 01-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Stressed
Catsmanlover is on a distinguished road

Be very patient make some cat meowing sounds that sound realistic enough and he might stroll on over for stoke or two. If you can’t make any realistic cat meow sounds I can, call me Doctor Dolittle if you like.
Unread 01-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Dr. Doolitle?? I want to see you right now!!

Unread 01-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

Is your cat fixed (neutered) ? if not that may be why he felt the need to roam!I would catch him and get it done asap!Also is he vaccinated? you never know what he may catch hanging around with strays and ferals.Male cats tend to roam because of thier hormones if not neutered, not because he did not want to live with you.If I were you I would catch him and make him be an indoor cat.Even if he is neutered there is other diseases that can be caught roamoing around as well as the dangers of infections fro fighting and the risk of being hit by a vehichle or attacked by another (bigger) animal such as a dog??Good luck I hope you get your cat back home.
Unread 01-27-2009   #8 (permalink)
draconvarie

Default Welcome

I'm so sorry that he ran away. I'm sure if you keep trying to feed him and are persistent he'll come back.

I hope for the best for you.

Unread 01-28-2009   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Another idea...
If he loves hanging out with other cats...
Maybe he wants companion...
You can have another cat to be his buddy...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 01-28-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Oh, good idea!

Tags
animal , another cat , breed , care , cat , cats , colony , dog , eyes , feral , fighting , fixed , food , friends , home , house , hurt , indoor , loving , male , meowing , scared , siamese , strays

Sponsored Cat Links