It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
Elke

Default Many cats /2 dogs-How do you introduce them?

Hi everybody,
My name is Elke and I'm new to this forum. I'm hoping that you can help me with a problem I'm anticipating.
My DH and I are moving overseas end of April. We will be living with an old friend of mine I have known 38 years and I'm very excited to see her again after so many years. We are taking 2 dogs along-a beagle and an Airdale mix. My friend loves cats and has devoted most of her life to them, so she has many..gee, don't even want to tell you how many-How could we introduce the cats to our dogs without all hell breaking lose? My friend has never had dogs, so she does not have any prior experience with this either. Is there anybody out there who has dogs and cats living together peacefully? Will the cats "gang up" on the dogs or is that not cat behavior? We have one very sweet cat and she is "Queen" over the dogs, but she has known them since she was a kitten. She sleeps and eats with them etc.
Any advice in this manner will be highly appreachiated. it would be good to know ahead of time what to expect , so we don't do the wrong thing as soon as we get there.
thanks
Elke

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hi Elke, welcome

I'm sorry to say that they will never get along.
If it was the opposite (dogs already in the house & cats coming after) the
situation would be better, sorry.
You will need to put them separate, in different places of the house

Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chris246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Hi Elke, welcome

I'm sorry to say that they will never get along.
If it was the opposite (dogs already in the house & cats coming after) the
situation would be better, sorry.
You will need to put them separate, in different places of the house

Good luck,
Fully agree with this one Maya ,I have 2 working cocker spaniels and as the kittens come along they have accepted them with out any bother ..but to take dogs to cats that is a no go and not fair on the cats ..xxx

Trinny, Lacymae,Saphira,Tiegan,Smoothie,Cassie,Indie,Fudge ,Blaize
Unread 02-03-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Lightbulb

That's what my Mother used to say: first the dogs & then the cats; never the opposite

Unread 02-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Agree with Maya and Chris...
We have lots of dogs in our house...
Then my cat Kero comes...
I have no problem with them...
Because Kero ignores our dogs...
They live peacefully but not too close...

In opposite situation...
I guess it would be hard to mixed them...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 02-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Exclamation

I'm sure!

Tags
advice , behavior , cat , cat behavior , cats , dogs , hey , house , kitten , kittens , moving , new to this , problem , queen

Sponsored Cat Links