It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
bmobile40

Question Cat will only drink cold bottled water

I keep my cat's water and food bowl up on the bathroom vanity counter, and I change the water in her bowl at least twice a day, and I keep the water bowl clean. It's a stainless steel bowl.
The strange thing is, she doesn't like to drink faucet water from the bowl, she will, but you can tell she's not crazy about it. Now, if I get a bottle of water out of one of the fridges,that nice and cold, and empty the bowl, and then pour the cold bottled water into the bowl, she just goes to town on it.
My question is, does she not like the faucet water for some reason, or is she just spoiled?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

hello and welcome. perhaps your tap water has a funny taste that your kitty doesn't like.

You could try a pet fountain. the water is filtered and kept fresh, she might like that better.

Or get a brita pitcher and keep it in the fridge and fill her bowl from that.

http://www.brita.com/us/?WT.srch=1

Last edited by acerlt; 02-16-2009 at 01:30 AM. Reason: add link
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

PS Coco is adorable! how old is she?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 02-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmobile40 View Post
I keep my cat's water and food bowl up on the bathroom vanity counter, and I change the water in her bowl at least twice a day, and I keep the water bowl clean. It's a stainless steel bowl.
The strange thing is, she doesn't like to drink faucet water from the bowl, she will, but you can tell she's not crazy about it. Now, if I get a bottle of water out of one of the fridges,that nice and cold, and empty the bowl, and then pour the cold bottled water into the bowl, she just goes to town on it.
My question is, does she not like the faucet water for some reason, or is she just spoiled?
Hi & welcome!

This not surprises me. My Booba used to eat icecream directly from the freezer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi,some of mine are not fussed on water from the tap,Finn loves to drink straight from the tap though,he gets a right soaking mind,he hasn't got the hang of it yet.Some of them like rainwater,and some like tepid water,they are all so fussy!xxxxx
Unread 11-09-2012   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

jonesdavid01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jonesdavid01

I recommend you to use pet water fountain. But you should choose the stainless one. stainless steel drinking fountain is extremely easy to take a part and clean. It is 100% dishwasher safe.

Tags
adorable , cat , cat's , clean , cold , crazy , food , fun , funny , hey , kitty , nice , pet , question , water

Sponsored Cat Links