It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
bretts47

Default My cat's in heat twice a month

I have a 10 year old siamese mix. Her name is Abby. I love her, but I'm starting to worry about her because she goes into heat as often as twice a month. She also is very loud at night sometimes. I assume she is calling out for a mate. She's an indoor cat. Should I be concerned? Is this normal?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
babycrazed

One thing i have learned from Jazzie ( my siamese) is that they are very very vocal kitties. Tho the heat thing I am unsure of . My kitten is 4.5 months old and she's always making noises. ALWAYS. lol but thats what i love about her. she talks to me constantly. ( i know i am weird lol) I don't know if it is possible to go into full heat 2x in a month. You would probably have to talk to a vet on that one. As far as I know I don't think its possible.
Hope that helps.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretts47 View Post
I have a 10 year old siamese mix. Her name is Abby. I love her, but I'm starting to worry about her because she goes into heat as often as twice a month. She also is very loud at night sometimes. I assume she is calling out for a mate. She's an indoor cat. Should I be concerned? Is this normal?
Precautions When Your Cat Is In Heat

During these times, you must keep your female cat away from any doors, windows, or unaltered male cats. Even the most docile cat will try to escape and find a male to breed with. Of course to avoid the possibility of losing your cat, having her harmed by an aggressive male, getting a disease, or having an unwanted litter of kittens, you should spay your female cat

Read more: "Is My Cat in Heat? Signs that your female cat is in season" - Is My Cat in Heat? Signs that your female cat is in season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-13-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Please get your poor cat spayed immediately. ten years of heat cycles is cruel. Not to mention the risk of pyometra is great. that is an infection of the uterus and usually fatal.

please read this first
Unread 03-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
ChloeBugsMom

My Chloe was in heat 4 times before i just recently got her fixed she's about to turn 1 on March 23rd, and 3 of her heat cycles were 1-2 weeks apart, that's pretty much what drove me over the edge to get her fixed. It's hard to get up at 5 am to get ready for work when you've been up all night with a yowling kitty! I agree with acerlt get her fixed immediately.. It will take a few weeks to recover from it, but think how peaceful your nights will be afterwards =) i know i'm enjoying it =D

Unread 03-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

You MUST fix her IMM, don't wait.

Precautions When Your Cat Is In Heat

During these times, you must keep your female cat away from any doors, windows, or unaltered male cats. Even the most docile cat will try to escape and find a male to breed with. Of course to avoid the possibility of losing your cat, having her harmed by an aggressive male, getting a disease, or having an unwanted litter of kittens, you should spay your female cat

Read more: "Is My Cat in Heat? Signs that your female cat is in season" - Is My Cat in Heat? Signs that your female cat is in season

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
aggressive , breed , cat , cat in heat , cat's , cats , color , female , fixed , great , heat , hey , in heat , indoor , infection , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , love , night , siamese , spay , spayed , vet , vocal , weird , worry , yowling

Sponsored Cat Links