It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2009   #1 (permalink)
Tigger&Pandy's Mom

Unhappy Please Help Me!

I have 2 wonderful cats Pandy is 6 Tigger is 4. They have lived together for 2 years. On Friday pandy started attcking tigger like when we 1st got him. I did the steps to reinterduce them it went great last night she started meowing meanly at him when she sees him. they will eat in the same room.
Please help me.
Nikki

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

It sounds as though Pandy has some displaced agression. This happens when a cat sees something that upsets or frightens him, and then goes after a companion cat, or even a person

I wonder if there is a cat or other animal prowling around outside that Pandy is seeing and getting upset over.

Another explanation is that one of the cats is sick. either Pandy is sick so lashes out, or Tigger is sick and it scares Pandy. However I'm more inclined to think it's dispaced agression, but do keep an eye on their bathroom and eating habits.

A couple of Feliway plug in dipsensers and/or some rescue remedy may help in this situation.

You could also try the vanilla trick which is to put a dot of cooking vanilla(not perfume) on each nose and root of tail so they smell the same.

Welcome to the forum, and please let us know how things work out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-17-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Nikki, Pandy & Tiger, welcome to the forum!

Very confusing situation, but I would follow acerlt's advices, they are always the best ones.

Hope to see your kits pics soon & please keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-17-2009   #4 (permalink)
Tigger&Pandy's Mom

Thanks so much! I'll try the vanilla trick 1st.

Unread 03-17-2009   #5 (permalink)
TwinklyStarDancerKitty248

now, girl, have no fear. there comes a time in all our lives when we just have to deal with terrible cats like yours. i'm not trying to be offensive, but, hey, a is a. good luck! I'm new here too! Please join the Cat Psychology and Physiology group. Ta!

Unread 03-17-2009   #6 (permalink)

now, girl, there comes a time in all our lives when we just have tp deal with terrible cats like yours. not trying to be offensive, but a is a. i'm sure your cats are lovely; it's their particular attitude that concerns me. please join the Cat Psychology and Pysiology group... maybe we can work out your problems. Ta!

Unread 03-17-2009   #7 (permalink)

hi i love cats

Unread 03-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinklyStarDancerKitty248 View Post
now, girl, have no fear. there comes a time in all our lives when we just have to deal with terrible cats like yours. i'm not trying to be offensive, but, hey, a is a. good luck! I'm new here too! Please join the Cat Psychology and Physiology group. Ta!
I think this is a very impolite post. her cats are not "terrible". there is a reason for the sudden strange behavior change. Hopefully we can her help get it worked out.

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 03-17-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Unread 03-17-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger&Pandy's Mom View Post
Thanks so much! I'll try the vanilla trick 1st.
I'll be interested in hearing if it helps. Even if it's something outside spooking Pandy the evening out of smells might help.

please read this first
Unread 03-17-2009   #10 (permalink)

I apologize if I have offended any of you. But I clarified myself after that message, emphasizing that I thought her cats were not terrible, but rather that it was their attitude that was terrible. One of my biggest convictions is that A is A. I will not apologize for this. I you wish to understand this concept of mine, please locate a bookstore or library near you and find Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. It is a very enlightening book based on truth and strong morals. Ronald Reagan, for instance, would be rather pleased with this book. Further, I have delt with terrible attitudes of my own cat, Bianca, and they offend me greatly. I will not condone these rude actions of my cat, and I figured that any human being would feel the same about his or her cat. "I swear by my own life and my love of it", that I will never allow my cat to think that she is my master. I am hers. I have got to show her who is boss. I will not apologize for my opinions; thank God for good social studies and religion teachers teaching us the Ammendments of our wonderful Constitution-- but something must be done about that wretched Elastic Clause. Thank you for your own opinions, honestly. I would love to hear more. I am a good listener.

Tags
agression , animal , behavior , books , box , cat , cats , cold , eating , eye , fur , girl , great , happy , hey , litter , litter box , love , meowing , night , nose , problem , problems , question , rescue , sick , smell , social , strange behavior

Sponsored Cat Links