It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
KittyCandy

Red face Boy or Girl Cat?

Hi,

Im in the process of looking for a cat/kitten to adopt. Is there a distinct difference between male or female cats? I hear female cats are alot sweeter but i also heard male cats seem to become attached to female owners? please help! I dont know which one to adopt!! I want a cat whose gonna become close to me. Advice!

Candy

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Candy, welcome to the club!

It's hard to say... It depends on many factors. I don't have preferences but I noticed that males are more attached to their meowmies & less to their pawpaws...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

I totaly agree with Maya, I have had both and they were all incrediable and all were attached to me but my sweet boy Oscar who died in Dec had a very loving disposition and was total awe struck with me. He was also a gentleman who would always wait for his two sisters to eat before he would go near the dishes. I am looking for two brothers myself but if two females were what took my fancy that would be fine too. No matter what when you have a connection with a cat you just know.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 03-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

RaullyRal is on a distinguished road
Wink Take your time at the shelter

Hi. I adopted an american short hair mix male last month at the AC&C of New york. You have to go in with an open mind. Honestly I did not know either which to adopt. I suggest you look at all the cats that catch your eye at the shelter and choose the one you think will bond with you...have the shelter people take it out of the cage and see how it reacts to you and go for a gut feeling.

I've had my spencer for a little over a month and he's great. I've taken very good care of him and he appreciates what I do for him. Obviously the bond is stronger the more time you spend with him/her and the attention you give it.

Good luck to you and congrats on going with a shelter, it's very depressing going to the shelter and you feel glad knowing you are giving a cat a new home because I feel bad for all of them as they were abondoned or just chucked away by previous owners for various reasons.

Here's a pic of my Spencer...
Unread 03-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

Your Spencer is fab, concats! We call this type of cat (black & white) Tuxedo.
I'm currently owned by one of them: his name is Dino. The other one was my gentle boy Domino who passed on Jan, 10th. this year. You can see all my kits in my gallery.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
adopted , advice , behavior , black , boy , care , cat , cats , eye , female , girl , great , hey , home , kitten , love , loving , male , mat , new home , new york , picture , shelter , type

Sponsored Cat Links