It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
miketheman7

Question In With the new

hello guys my name is michael. and im posting this thread cause i love my 10 yr old fatso cat, also i love the newest addition to our family a little 6 mounth old kitten. The thing is my 10yr old cat is a mush not the type to fight. this new kitten is so mean to him with Hissing,scratching and clawing him. its so bad that i have to be my 10yr old cats shofur picking him up and taking him around the house cause he dont want to cross his path, guys what should i do...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Michel & gang, welcome!

I'm Maya, the Meowmy of 5 spoilt furkids you can see in my gallery.
How many time do you have the kitten? Take into account that they must get along & this can take some time. Also, the kittens are very energetic & your 10 year old kit already forgot it... I also believe that after getting the baby fixed (generally at 5 months) he would become much more quiet.
Cannot wait to see their pics!
Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi Michael, welcome !

Concats for the new addition. Maya is right, it takes time for cats to accept other cats, to adapt to a new environment and get used to each other including you.
I have 2 female fur-babes (1.4 years old and 1 year old) and 1 male 9 months old kitten, it really took time each time I brought a new addition home. How long or how will they adapt ? It depends on each kitty's personality, each one is unique, like when Earl Blue first joined Princess Tiger and Lady Fergie, it's easier for Princess to accept him, but it took 2 weeks for Lady Fergie to finally let him approach her (she would discourage him by hissing too)...
Unread 03-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
miketheman7

awww...thanks guys feeling much better i would hate for them not to get along..,

Unread 03-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketheman7 View Post
awww...thanks guys feeling much better i would hate for them not to get along..,
You're welcome Mike! Waiting for the pics...

Unread 03-27-2009   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike and Fatso.I'm Cheryl.What's the kittens name?Hopefully they will bond when you get kitty fixed,and they will be inseperable.xxxxx
Unread 03-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

I'm sure they will; Michael only needs to be patient

Unread 03-27-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Bless them !

Tags
addition , baby , cat , cats , clawing , cool , environment , family , female , fight , fixed , fur , hey , hissing , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitty , love , new kitten , personality , scratching , type

Sponsored Cat Links