It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-31-2009   #1 (permalink)
worriedohio

Exclamation Unlicensed performing surgery?

Hi everyone,

I'm concerned that I just found out that the vet I've been seeing for years is letting an unlicensed man operate on animals and doing pretty much everything a vet would do. He has no experience with animals other than the two years he's been working with her. Isn't this against the law? I'm very annoyed as I got my dog neutered through her and I was assured that he would be very well taken care of by HER. Now I find out this.

Do I report her and to whom?

Worried In Ohio

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Angry

Of course this is illegal, since he did it in a vet office, and you're paying and expecting for the "legitimate" surgery (it's not initially mutually agreed)! Now you need to study the law, and maybe would find something that can stop her (your vet) to continue bluffing people, not to mention about the risk of operation handled by "inexperienced" and "unlicensed" people. Hey, we don't want our cats to become their Lab's experiment white mouse, do we ?! What's the name of the vet office ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Irene Jims; 04-01-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Wooww, it's very risky for a vet to allow someone without license & experience to work in his clinic; very strange Better if you would look for a new vet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

How did you hear this other surgeon is not a licensed vet?

I advise you to check you facts by talking to your long time trusted vet. ask for proof that the other vet is legitimate. You have every right to insist that the other person not touch your animals but if the rumors turn out to be true I would 1) report the practice and 2) leave the practice immediately.

here is where to go for help (Ohio veterinary licensing Board) click on link

OVMLB

Its mission is to insure that the citizens of Ohio are served by professional, trustworthy and competent veterinarians and veterinary technicians. The Board accomplishes this mission by timely issuing licenses, approving candidates for examination for license, approving continuing education courses required for the license, investigating complaints involving licensed veterinarians or registered veterinary technicians or violations of the practice act, providing compliance inspections of veterinary facilities and establishing a working relationship with all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies relating to veterinary medicine.

Last edited by acerlt; 04-02-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Unread 04-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Thanks Acer. Trust her, she is one of the most experience cat lovers on this site.

Unread 04-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Oooh,this is awful.xxxxx
Unread 04-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
worriedohio

She admits that he is unlicensed, she told me that he has seen her do the surgeries enough times that she trusts him. I told her it was wrong and illegal but she just shrugs it off. Sad.

Unread 04-06-2009   #8 (permalink)
worriedohio

If anyone wants her information please PM me and I will send it to you.

Unread 04-06-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

you will be doing a lot of pet lovers a favor, and save a lot of heartache, if you report this practice. I can't imagine anyone wanting their pet operated on by an unlicensed uneducated civilian who has "seen enough" do "know how to do it". that's just sick.
Unread 04-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Chatty
zhazie meow is on a distinguished road

omg, i would be taking my furbabies as far from the place as possable, it would like be going for an op ur self and finding out a passer by did it

<--my tribute to my kittys! proud momma to Mizu,pandora,jazzmine,suki,stich and elliot

one day cats will rule the world...its best to get in their good books now!

Rainbowbridge: teska And lennon , miss you everyday bubba's xx

Tags
age , angry , annoyed , care , cat , cat lovers , cat's , cats , crazy , dog , facts , found , hey , lost , lovers , mat , money , mouse , moving , person , pet , sad , save , scared , sick , small , stop , story , stray , surgery , timid , vet

Sponsored Cat Links