It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
Bubby

Question A stay cat the is pregnant

[Hi, I am very new at this. Although I have had cats for serveral years. I am out of ideas. I have this cat hanging around my house. I have been feeding it for a couple of weeks. I finally was able to get a good look at it. It looks like it is very pregnant! I can not keep this cat although I would love to. I have two already (they are house cats and my house is very small).
I would like to catch her and take her to the local no kill shelter before she has her kittens. She will only get as close as about four feet away. when i try to get closer she runs the other way. I believe she is staying under our storage shed. Any ideas on how to catch her?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi, welcome ! Bless your heart ! I'd love to help, but, sorry, I've no idea (no similar experience). I am not sure if you can call the animal rescue to help you catch her ? For the sake of the stray cat and her babies to be, please try your best and keep us updated, thanks. May God help you and the cat (& kittens) find the best solution (hopefully someone on this site can share his/her valuable experience).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thank you caring about this stray cat. The way to get her is to borrow or rent a havahart trap.

Leave the trap near where she eats for a couple of days for her to get used to it, then one day instead of feeding her normally, set the trap, and put some smelly food like oily tuna or cooked chicken (no bones) in it.

Be sure to arrange with the rescue or shelter before hand to make sure they will take her.

Make sure they follow up and tell you for sure that she is pregnant. I once rescued a cat in this way who I thought was pregnant but it turned out she'd already had the kittens. If she's already given birth go looking for the kittens.

welcome to the forum, and please keep us updated!
Unread 04-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome,I do hope you are able to catch this cat,I wish there were more caring people out there like you.Let us know how you get on.xxxxx
Unread 04-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
Bubby

Smile

Thanx, I LOVE cats. Another difficulty I have is making sure she is the only one eating since I believe she is pregnant. May neighbors let their cats out during the day. So I try to feed only her when she comes around

Unread 04-06-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Thanx, I LOVE cats. Another difficulty I have is making sure she is the only one eating since I believe she is pregnant. May neighbors let their cats out during the day. So I try to feed only her when she comes around
Thanks Acer for this valuable information ! Hope for the best !

Hi Bubby, may God help you with the hunt....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
Bubby

Thank you all for your help!

Thank you Irene;

Yes, Thank you Acer for the valuable information.

Thank you Che for replying I will let you know how we are doing.

Thank you for replying I have to go for now.

Unread 04-06-2009   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Ok dear,but pop back whenever you can and let us know how you get along,and maybe you would like to introduce your cats to us.Good luck,bye for now.Che.xxxxx
Unread 04-06-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Good luck to you & pls keep us posted.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
Bubby

I still have this cat. I still have not won her over.
I called the local shelter. They do not have room for her.
I have been speaking to other people involved in different organizations trying despartatly to find someone to help.

I will keep you posted.

Tags
advice , amazing , animal , babies , baby , beautiful , birth , black , care , cat , cats , crying , cute , eating , eye , food , found , friendly , fun , funny , hey , house , kittens , kitties , lost , love , neuter , night , pet , picture , pregnant , rescue , sad , shelter , sleep , small , spay , spay/neuter , spayed , stories , stray , weaned , worry

Sponsored Cat Links