It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
captkirk685

Default Why cat is suddenly aggressive

I know there are probably tons of threads about cats peeing on the carpet, but I am posting about two problems and it starts out with my cat peeing on carpet, but I am more concerned about the end of my post which is another problem all together.

ok here is our problem, we have three cats two males and one female, they have lived in the same house for about four years now and have all gotten along pretty well and play together. I have one male cat that likes to pee on the carpet in our basement, it got so bad I had to replace the carpet in the basement and put a litter box where he used to pee, all was well for awhile then he started doing it in another corner, I did clean the concrete with bleach three times before putting in the new carpet, I don't allow the cats in my basement anymore after that because he is not going to ruin my carpet again,all cats are neutered and spayed but I have always had trouble with this one male cat, could he not been neutered right? He howls at night time sometimes like he is trying to find a mate.

That is one problem and just today my three cats were on the deck when a stray came into out back yard and the cats went crazy as usual, but now the cat that I have had problems with peeing on the carpet does not get along with our other two cats at all, he acts like he wants to kill them and acts like he has never seen them before, anybody have any idea what has happened here? I have to keep them seperated now.

sorry for the long post

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Why wasn't it possible for one of the male cats to neutered? It would appear that his testosterone levels are high causing the aggression, as shown when the 'strange' cat appeared, he is taking his frustration out on your other cats, did he have one undescended testicle when you took him for neutering? I know some vet's wont operate until it has done, try taking him back to the vet's, also try Feliway plug in it may help with the aggression.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi,you shouldn't clean with bleach! If you do,the cat is more likely to urinate in the same place again,as the after smell of bleach to a cats nose,is similar to another cats urine.The cat becomes determined to get rid of the 'other cats smell' and overpower it with it's own.xxxxx
Unread 04-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
captkirk685

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemay View Post
Why wasn't it possible for one of the male cats to neutered? It would appear that his testosterone levels are high causing the aggression, as shown when the 'strange' cat appeared, he is taking his frustration out on your other cats, did he have one undescended testicle when you took him for neutering? I know some vet's wont operate until it has done, try taking him back to the vet's, also try Feliway plug in it may help with the aggression.
all cats were neutered and spayed, I was just wondering if the vet could have screwed up somehow because he shows signs of never being neutered at all, with the constant meowing especially at night when we go to bed and the peeing on the carpet. He still acts like his other two house mates are new cats and howls and hisses at the sight of them, I have 40 years old and have had cats my whole life and never had a change in cats behavior like this ever. I guess I will take him to the vet to get checked out, at this point I am hoping he screwed up somehow because at least I would know the problem.

Unread 04-10-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

My Red Point Siamese Merlin also pees in different places from time to time when the my youngest kit Dino, bothers him. Cats have different ways to express their anger. I'm sure this is one of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
aggression , aggressive , behavior , box , carpet , cat , cats , clean , crazy , female , hey , house , litter , litter box , male , meowing , neutering , new cats , night , nose , peeing , play , problem , problems , siamese , smell , spayed , stray , urine , vet

Sponsored Cat Links