Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Cat Behavior (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cat-behavior/)
-   -   male cat dislikes female kitten (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cat-behavior/53439-male-cat-dislikes-female-kitten.html)

nekohime-chan 04-11-2009 04:40 AM

male cat dislikes female kitten

my male cat (yomi) doesn't seem to like my new female kitten named Sei. Yomi has been sleeping with me alone for 2 years untill I added 2 more kittens both female named Shou(now 4months old) n Sei(3months old) 3 months ago, the 1st time i introduced them he was all to eager to befriend them they got along in just a few day, but then just about a week ago a new kitten entered our lives a female kitten Miru. I intoroduced Miru to Shou n Sei by letting them sniff her face but Shou hissed, growled n swatted at Miru's head, Sei did the same thing exept swatted and ran away (like she was disgusted). Miru has a quite aggresive attitude when it comes to food she growls when anyone tries to touch her/food. Then i tried introducing Miru to Yomi,i figured if shou n sei didn't want to interact wit Miru maybe a male like Yomi would but that to resulted grimly. Yomi growled just as loud and hissed, and as i took Miru away he swatted scratching my hand.

What i want to ask is that kind of behavior normal in males??

Anyway i've already started putting them in the same room but Miru seems to be clinging on to me rather than try and mingle wit the others. She just seems to be ignored by them all the time that i feel kindda sorry. Is there any advise??

krzekmaya 04-11-2009 09:32 AM

This is the normal behaviour in any cat. You must be patient: in a couple of weeks all will be Okay again, I promise! :)

Good luck,

nekohime-chan 04-11-2009 09:38 AM

ooooohhhh i hope so. today sei was a little interested with miru, sei started flicking mirus tail but as soon as miru turned around and lifted her paw sei just backed-off.

krzekmaya 04-11-2009 10:36 AM

Patience... :cool::)

catlover83 04-15-2009 01:49 AM

It's a common thing. Give your male cat some time to get acquainted with your new kitten. I'm sure he's just jealous. :) Yes, patience is a virtue.

nekohime-chan 04-15-2009 07:24 AM

good news

great news miru finaly has a friend to play with. Sei's now warmed up to miru and is treating her like a little sister (or maybe a new play thing). Sei's treating Miru the way Shou used to reat her and that using Miru for tackling practise and Miru doesn't mind one bit :mrgreen:.

Yomi (male) still needs bit of time

pink29 04-15-2009 07:26 AM

my male cat hated our kitten he was male and kitten was female saying that i dont think its the sex cats like their own space and get used to being on their own cant think of the word im looking for but he will learn to live with them even if he doesnt like them it will get better as my cat did.

nekohime-chan 04-15-2009 07:30 AM

i think i get what u mean, cause now yomi can't stand being alone in the room without his little sisters keeping him entertained

Irene Jims 04-15-2009 12:29 PM

My male and female feline babies did it just the other way round when they first met... hehehe :D Now they are inseperable ! ;)