It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
nekohime-chan

Default male cat dislikes female kitten

my male cat (yomi) doesn't seem to like my new female kitten named Sei. Yomi has been sleeping with me alone for 2 years untill I added 2 more kittens both female named Shou(now 4months old) n Sei(3months old) 3 months ago, the 1st time i introduced them he was all to eager to befriend them they got along in just a few day, but then just about a week ago a new kitten entered our lives a female kitten Miru. I intoroduced Miru to Shou n Sei by letting them sniff her face but Shou hissed, growled n swatted at Miru's head, Sei did the same thing exept swatted and ran away (like she was disgusted). Miru has a quite aggresive attitude when it comes to food she growls when anyone tries to touch her/food. Then i tried introducing Miru to Yomi,i figured if shou n sei didn't want to interact wit Miru maybe a male like Yomi would but that to resulted grimly. Yomi growled just as loud and hissed, and as i took Miru away he swatted scratching my hand.

What i want to ask is that kind of behavior normal in males??

Anyway i've already started putting them in the same room but Miru seems to be clinging on to me rather than try and mingle wit the others. She just seems to be ignored by them all the time that i feel kindda sorry. Is there any advise??

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Wink

This is the normal behaviour in any cat. You must be patient: in a couple of weeks all will be Okay again, I promise!

Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
nekohime-chan

ooooohhhh i hope so. today sei was a little interested with miru, sei started flicking mirus tail but as soon as miru turned around and lifted her paw sei just backed-off.

Unread 04-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Patience...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

It's a common thing. Give your male cat some time to get acquainted with your new kitten. I'm sure he's just jealous. Yes, patience is a virtue.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 04-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
nekohime-chan

Thumbs up good news

great news miru finaly has a friend to play with. Sei's now warmed up to miru and is treating her like a little sister (or maybe a new play thing). Sei's treating Miru the way Shou used to reat her and that using Miru for tackling practise and Miru doesn't mind one bit .

Yomi (male) still needs bit of time

Unread 04-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road

my male cat hated our kitten he was male and kitten was female saying that i dont think its the sex cats like their own space and get used to being on their own cant think of the word im looking for but he will learn to live with them even if he doesnt like them it will get better as my cat did.
Unread 04-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
nekohime-chan

i think i get what u mean, cause now yomi can't stand being alone in the room without his little sisters keeping him entertained

Unread 04-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Wink

My male and female feline babies did it just the other way round when they first met... hehehe Now they are inseperable !

Tags
babies , behavior , behaviour , cat , cats , cool , female , food , great , growls , hey , kitten , kittens , male , new kitten , paw , play , scratching , sex , sleeping

Sponsored Cat Links