It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
mrs-s

Default need advice re cat following us

Rosie is about 7 yrs old and she has always followed us further than any other cat we have had but recently its got out of hand.

she followed us 15mins walk up the road to the tennis courts and couldnt get home, we found her behind the tennis courts scared. Then friday she followed us OVER the busy main road. she has never crossed the road to follow us before. we were on the way to school and had to pick her up and carry her as she was in danger of getting hurt or really lost.

at the moment we are shutting her inside every time we go out but she hates being inside.

does anyone know if this is a sign of some kind of illness at all, i cant help but think its something other than her just wanting to follow us.... she doesnt follow us around the house.

i dont want to stress her with an unnecessary vet trip either though

thanks in advance

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi, welcome to the forum ! I think Rosie is just afraid of losing you. My Princess Tiger and Lady Fergie both used to follow me outside the door, but once they got out, they will freak out ! That's why when you found her behind the tennis court, she was scared...
Better keep her indoor, no matter what, I know they hate it, but it is far safer than being outside with the risk of getting hit by cars or lost. All my three are strictly indoor. I trained them to be, so now they will only sadly see me walk out the door... but that's the best for them !
Any pix ? Your baby must be lovely !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

yes, pls keep her inside. Lots of dangers out there.
Pls upload pix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
mrs-s

I dont think i could keep her inside all the time! Im not sure that would be fair o her as she has lived her whole life outside (apart from night times and other days she has wanted to be in of course!) she definitely isnt a house cat. we have three cats and none of them are house cat material, they all love it outdoors too much!

is is odd that she has just started following us or is it just something she has decided to do? the last time it happened she followed us without us knowing as she knew id take her back to the garden!

Unread 04-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Here is a link to an article about symptoms of a sick cat, though I don't think Rosie is sick :
Things To Do When Your Pet Cat Gets Sick
I'm really confused, you don't want her to follow you, but you won't keep her in the house, she definetely won't stay there and not to move, she will be tempted to walk out if the door is open (as I said, kitties hate to be left in the house, especially if she has to stay all alone, they will definetely think that they can follow us where ever we go, without thinking about the risk, unless we human protect them, but sometimes we can not protect them all day long, like when you found her behind the tennis court, something bad might have happened to her...). I think what you do is an option, you can carry her, like what I do with Lady Fergie, or you can train her to walk on a leash. However, indoor kitties tend to live longer and healthier.

Unread 04-27-2009   #6 (permalink)
mrs-s

no it wouldnt feel right making her a house cat at all, she loves it outside! thats not an option!

I need to make her re-learn how large her territory should be, the other two cats dont have a problem with staying around the house, they travel a little but only what is considerd normal for a cat.

i guess we will just have to sneak out and if she appears to be following us then take her back. she didnt follow us this morning thankfully

Unread 04-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs-s View Post
no it wouldnt feel right making her a house cat at all, she loves it outside! thats not an option!

I need to make her re-learn how large her territory should be, the other two cats dont have a problem with staying around the house, they travel a little but only what is considerd normal for a cat.

i guess we will just have to sneak out and if she appears to be following us then take her back. she didnt follow us this morning thankfully
Congrats, she didn't follow you this morning, but you still need to be cautious, watch her closely when you go out.

Unread 04-27-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Oh, that's great news!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
advice , baby , breeds , cat , cats , found , fur , great , hey , home , house , hurt , indoor , kitties , lost , love , mat , morning , night , problem , scared , sick , stress , travel , upload , vet

Sponsored Cat Links