It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
geuh

Default my cat all of a sudden eats puzzles!

We've had our two cats for about a year. I've always done puzzles on the wooden floor of the bedroom (it's the most reasonable location in the house, since smooth surface spaces are limited. I've always done this with no problem, but all of a sudden a few months ago one of the cats started tearing them up whenever he walked by! He'll scratch them like a cardboard scratching thing, and also picks up pieces in his mouth to toss away (he seems to have no interest in actually eating them). We really have no idea how to stop this behavior, and for now have taken to laying a blanket over the puzzles when not in use. Is there any advice out there for us?

Thank you!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi, Welcome to you and your kitties ! I'm sorry to say that there isn't much we can do. I too love puzzles, but in my house, there isn't any complete (whole) puzzle. My kitties really think that they are their toyz... and so do your kitties and any other kitty ! Hahahahaaa ! Please introduce your puzzle eating kitties to us, what are their names ? Are there pictures ? Especially those with them eating the pieces of the puzzles ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome. No, I don't see how there will be anyway for you to teach your cats that your puzzles are not put on the floor purely for their entertainment

You could: keep the door closed

or: build a shallow flat wooden box large enough to accommodate your puzzles. This way when you are not working on the puzzle you can cover it and/or put it away.

all you need is a piece of plywood. maybe 2 x 3 feet, will that be big enough? or whatever size will work, then some thin wood trim all around the edges, to keep the pieces contained.

a piece of clear plastic cut to fit, to place over the top of the puzzle when not in use.

Now, not only is your puzzle protected, it's portable, you can do the puzzle anywhere in the house!
Unread 05-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Oh Acer, that's too ideal ... they will always find their ways to steal ... hehehe...
Unless you keep the door shut, which I won't do. I'd rather have them by my side than those puzzles...
Those puzzles I previously completed (before I met my kitties), are kept in frames, still they are smart enough to steal a few pieces out of the frame ... I wonder how ... ???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

My bet advice is to keep he door closed or forget about puzzles...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
advice , behavior , box , cat , cats , cut , eating , hey , house , kitties , kitty , love , pictures , problem , scratch , scratching , smart , stop

Sponsored Cat Links