It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road
Default What is he doing???

I've noticed Dante do some weird things, and while many of them are cute, one has me wondering just what in the heck he is doing! During every feeding, he will stop halfway through his meal and paw at the floor around the bowl. He'll do this for a minute or two, then go back to eating. He does it again when he's finished. Is he doing some kind of scent marking? I don't know if he was doing it before, this is the first time I've seen him do it. No scratching, just sort of rubbing his paws along the floor, all around the bowl. He does the same to the litter box!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

This is really interesting and weird and new at the same time ! I hope someone else more experienced with cat's behavior can come up with their advice ... like Acer, Maya who are usually more informative ... hehehe ... I also would like to know why ? Could be scent marking (to protect the food from his rival) - could be the expression of how pleased he is with the meal ???? I'll try to search the internet for cat's behavior, see if there is anything similar ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

My Merlin does it sometimes. As you probably know, animals in the wild hide their meal under the ground & when hungry come back & eat it...
That's what your Dante is trying to do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-03-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks Maya ! I told her, you're more informative ... hehehe ...

Unread 05-03-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Cool

Hi Irene, Sherlock here. It wasn't Maya; I told her to write it!!

Unread 05-03-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

So all her info came fro you, Sir ... ? No wonder she's sometimes soooo smart, sometimes .... (maybe when you're not around, Sir...)

Unread 05-03-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
So all her info came fro you, Sir ... ? No wonder she's sometimes soooo smart, sometimes .... (maybe when you're not around, Sir...)
Errr, well... not always.

Unread 05-03-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
My Merlin does it sometimes. As you probably know, animals in the wild hide their meal under the ground & when hungry come back & eat it...
That's what your Dante is trying to do
Hrmm, it's interesting. He does it now every time he eats or uses the litterbox! He pawed my feet the same way this morning when both cats where under my desk, I told him that he had to share me
Unread 05-03-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Dante is really interesting !! I know each kitty has its own unique personality ... could this one be a little bit possesive or stingy ? He really needs to be taught how to share .. hehehe ... It's funny too to have such a kitty around you ...

Unread 05-04-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
Dante is really interesting !! I know each kitty has its own unique personality ... could this one be a little bit possesive or stingy ? He really needs to be taught how to share .. hehehe ... It's funny too to have such a kitty around you ...
He's not possessive, but can be a bit stingy at times, when he wants something bad enough. He has become quite the protector around the house too. We have many strays that come in our yard, and you should hear him growl and yowl at them from the sliding glass door! His tail poofs out, and he does this little dance, back arched, tail poofed, yowling at the top of his lungs It's just hilarious

Tags
advice , behavior , box , cat , cat's , cats , cool , cute , eating , food , found , fun , funny , great , informative , interesting , internet , kitty , litter , litter box , litterbox , lucky , outdoor , paw , personality , pictures , rare , scratching , search , smart , stop , video , weird , wild

Sponsored Cat Links