It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-27-2009   #1 (permalink)
max&paddy

Default kittens fighting

hi

i have a 10 week old male kitten who ive had for a month and yesterday i was given a 6 week old female kitten, the problem im having is the older kitten wont leave the younger one alone, i thought they were just playing but im not so sure as the little one is hissing and growling and the male is leaping on her with his mouth round her neck and kicking her with his back legs.

Is this normal and will they get on as i really want to keep them both but im scared to leave them alone incase he hurts her

Any help apreciated

thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi and welcome

I'm always reluctant to use the words "normal" and "cat" in the same sentence, but in this case, I think it's a safe bet.

He is playing with her as if she was his litter mate. Kittens play quite rough at times. I have a 7 month old female. Before I took her, I had occasion to see how she carried on with other cats. Her brother played quite rough at times. Now that she's home with me and the older cats, I really think she misses that. She tries to get the big cats to play, but they just swat her and go away.

I don't believe you have anything to worry about.

How about posting some pictures? We love pictures.

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi, welcome to the forum. First of all, concats on taking in two cute kittens.
Your problem is NORMAL. They will take time to get along to each other, even to a new meowmy and new home. We all have this kind of NORMAL experience. Just make sure you deal with it PROPERLY. And here is an article about how you can introduce them properly (step by step), I myself found it practical :

Re-Directed Aggression Towards Other Cats

Good luck and please share with us your kittens' pictures. They must be lovely !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Oh yeah, it sounds very familiar to me!
BTW, welcome to the club, hope to see pix soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
max&paddy

phew glad this is "normal" behaviour i was starting to get worried.

And thanks for the great welcome...here are a few pics of them both..

Meet Max

And heres Paddy

Unread 05-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Max and Paddy are absolutely adorable ... Concats ! My three kitties are sending them their furry hugs and kisses too !

Unread 05-28-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Oh wow, Max and Paddy are sooo sweet, I love them! As the others have said it sounds like typical kitten play fighting, and great fun to watch!

BTW, my friend called her kittens Max and Paddy too ! (both of you fans of Peter Kay??)

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 05-28-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Awwwww, cuteness overload!!!!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-30-2009   #9 (permalink)
deepalisnis

It's so nice!!!! Very well said, thanks for sharing.
You have done an great job.

Unread 05-30-2009   #10 (permalink)
max&paddy

Phew they have finally settled down and now the little one hides and pounces on max lol

Tags
adorable , aggression , behaviour , cat , cats , cute , female , fight , fighting , found , fun , great , growling , happy , hey , hissing , home , kitten , kittens , kitties , litter , love , male , new home , nice , picture , pictures , play , playing , problem , scared , worry

Sponsored Cat Links