It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
umich0730

Question Cat peeing in my house

I need some advice. I have a 7 year old female deaf cat who is spayed and for the last few weeks keeps peeing in our family room. I took her to vet and all her tests came back negative. The only thing they asked us since they do not believe it to be a medical issue is if we got any more animals and we did a dog, but that was back in October. I find it hard to believe that the dog is the issue, but then again he does periodically try to pounce on her, wanting to play. We have cleaned her litter box well and have made sure the dog leaves her alone. I am not sure what else to do. I cannot stand the smell of cat urine and I am having a very difficult time getting rid of the smell. To top all this off I am expecting a baby any day now and do not want to deal with this anymore. However, I just can't give her away to anyone. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jen

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by umich0730 View Post
I need some advice. I have a 7 year old female deaf cat who is spayed and for the last few weeks keeps peeing in our family room. I took her to vet and all her tests came back negative. The only thing they asked us since they do not believe it to be a medical issue is if we got any more animals and we did a dog, but that was back in October. I find it hard to believe that the dog is the issue, but then again he does periodically try to pounce on her, wanting to play. We have cleaned her litter box well and have made sure the dog leaves her alone. I am not sure what else to do. I cannot stand the smell of cat urine and I am having a very difficult time getting rid of the smell. To top all this off I am expecting a baby any day now and do not want to deal with this anymore. However, I just can't give her away to anyone. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jen
Hi Jen, I completely understand the bond you used to have with your female furry baby. If I were you, I won't have the heart to give away any of my cats, they're our babies after all, aren't they ?
Concats that you found the reason why her poor disadvantaged kitty kept spraying. How stressful it must be for her living in the midst of threats for such a long time. I feel so sorry for her too. It's not her fault at all, and she just didn't know how to vent or communicate, she took it to herself.
Please just give her more attention and love to gain back her secure feelings, coz stress can develop serious illness like kidney failure, etc.. You can use Felliway Plug ins. Try to bond with her again (even deeper) with her favorite treats, assuring her that you'll always protect her, no matter what and will never send her away. She'll appreciate this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I think is a stress thing, Jen. My Merlin does the same when Dino, the little terrorist, bothers him. Poor Merlin, he is very sensitive & shy...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

You should also purchase some odour removing cleanser from your vet's it will make it better for you and get rid of the smell and so hopefully she won't return to that area!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!

Tags
advice , babies , baby , box , cat , cats , dog , family , female , found , hey , house , kitty , litter , litter box , love , mat , medical , peeing , play , pounce , smell , spayed , stress , suggestions , urine , vet

Sponsored Cat Links