It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

voldo37 is on a distinguished road
Default playing ideas

My Maine Coon "Sampson" just turned one year old. Over the last couple of weeks he has stopped liking the wand/feather toy - he just kind of looks at it and then walks away. I used to bring it out for 15-30 minutes each night and he would just go nuts running and jumping and chasing after it but now he won't touch it. I put it away in a cabinet so he can't play with it when I am not there. It seems like he is just bored with it so I am wondering what else I could do to get him some play time in the evenings?? He does love his cat tree and lays upside down on one of the platforms and plays with the platform above him so he is still very playful - I am just looking for some other ideas to get him some playtime in the evenings.

thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Talking

[SIZE="4"]HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMPSON ![/SIZE]

My Princess used to be very playful when she was a kitten, but not that playful now as she grows older, but is still very affectionate as ever.

But my Lady has been almost the same (she doesn't change too much).

Luckily, during the evening they still enjoy playing with the wands, feathers, strings or even laser pointer (try to use this laser pointer when playing with Sampson -- I hope he will like it)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-17-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

HAPPY PURRSTHDAY SAMPSON!!!

I bought the below to my kitties & they love it very much:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-17-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Yes, laser pointers are a good idea.
Do you have a bathtub? Try to place ping pong balls in it. He might like to chase them around there. If not just try placing ping pong balls on the floor. You could also give him empty boxes, cut holes in them and make him curious. Hide snacks in different places. Buy cat tunnels. Use catnip on the toys.

Or buy as many toys as possible, like Maya has
Unread 06-17-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Silly me, I forgot to ask. Do you have any pics of Sampson to show us? I love Maine Coons and I have one myself
Unread 06-18-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Silly me, I forgot to ask. Do you have any pics of Sampson to show us? I love Maine Coons and I have one myself
Yes, I would love to see him too, as a fellow maine coon mummy!

I drag a long piece of cord around the house which they love to chase - also rolled up paper balls. I bought a remote controlled mouse which Sasha loved - but something went wrong with it and it would only go round in small circles in the end - so much for that!!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 06-18-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I want a remote controlled mouse! I bought one of those mice you can wind up for Anastasia. It doesn't last for too long. The sales clerk laughed at me when I asked if they got one in the toy store
Unread 06-18-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Great idea ! Let them chase it !

Whatever it is, no matter it is a long piece of string or ping pong balls (mine also have some ping pong balls) or wind up mice or any remote controlled toy, they just love to chase, oh how they love moving objects !

Yes, the wind up mice won't last long, but the string will...

Unread 06-18-2009   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Here are some ideas I got from http://pet-articles.blogspot.com/200...r-cat_12.html:

1. Staircase Sprint – Stand at the bottom of a staircase and have your feline friend sit at the top. Throw a ping pong ball so it hits the back wall of a step one of or two below where your cat is sitting. The ball will bounce back and coming rolling back towards you. Your cat will follow it down the stairs trying to catch it. But the ball should reach you again before the cat can get to it, so you can keep throwing it back up the stairs until your cat is tired.

2. Bathtub Bustle – Place your cat in a clean bathtub and bounce a ping pong ball of the side of the tub to get things going. Your cat while have loads of fun chasing down the always moving ping pong ball.

3. Bubbles – Buy a bottle of bubble solution and blow them around indoors or outside. Attempting to catch and pop all the bubbles will keep your cat occupied.

4. Toys – Some recommended toys are playthings like balls with bells on them, wand toys and catnip mice. Some useful things you might find around the house are straws, boxes, crinkled up paper or bottle caps.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 06-19-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Mine loves Q-tips btw

Tags
affectionate , bath , birthday , cat , catnip , cats , clean , color , cut , fun , games , great , happy , hey , home , house , joy , jumping , kitten , kitties , laser , love , maine coon , mat , mouse , moving , night , pet , pictures , play , playing , silly , small , tips , toys

Sponsored Cat Links