It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
slateandscarlet

Default I need a happy cat home

Hello, I need some advise... I have a wonderful 2year old cat named Slate. I felt he needed a buddy..so I adopted a 1 year old lil girl Scarlet. she is very sweet to me, not so nice to Slate? he is three times her size.. very curious.. but friendly.
she hisses and freaks him out, he runs and hides. She is staying in a spare bedroom, roams the houes when slate is napping.. it has been about 2 1/2 weeks.
I have done everything by the so called cat book?
Im afraid I might be doing the wrong thing.. and dont wont to mess up Slate?
She also has this eating problem-
she eats like no tomorrow.. she had worms pretty bad.. treated that. when I checked with the shelter, they said she was traped with her two brothers at someones property and droped off with them. she was pregnent, and fixed... she must have lived outside most of her life.. she is eating evo cat and kitten food. and has finally adjusted.
but still acts if she is starving?? I feed her twice a day, as I do with Slate. but Slate is a slow eater and lets his food sit.. how can I slow her down? So they can eat together someday. I want a cat happy home!

Last edited by slateandscarlet; 06-24-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateandscarlet View Post
Hello, I need some advise... I have a wonderful 2year old cat named Slate. I felt he needed a buddy..so I adopted a 1 year old lil girl Scarlet. she is very sweet to me, not so nice to Slate? he is three times her size.. very curious.. but friendly.
she hisses and freaks him out, he runs and hides. She is staying in a spare bedroom, roams the houes when slate is napping.. it has been about 2 1/2 weeks.
I have done everything by the so called cat book?
Im afraid I might be doing the wrong thing.. and dont wont to mess up Slate?
She also has this eating problem-
she eats like no tomorrow.. she had worms pretty bad.. treated that. when I checked with the shelter, they said she was traped with her two brothers at someones property and droped off with them. she was pregnent, and fixed... she must have lived outside most of her life.. she is eating evo cat and kitten food. and has finally adjusted.
but still acts if she is starving?? I feed her twice a day, as I do with Slate. but Slate is a slow eater and lets his food sit.. how can I slow her down? So they can eat together someday. I want a cat happy home!
Hahaha ! Don't worry ! Your 'problem' is soooo common ! *(happen to so many cats' homes -- even to our cats home ! ) I will take time to answer you (maybe tomorrow.). Not today, coz I need to go to bed right away.
I'm sure your Slate and Scarlet WILL have a loving harmonious home sweet home, although they're different (unique) !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adopted , book , cat , cats , eating , fixed , food , friendly , girl , happy , hey , home , homes , kitten , kitten food , loving , mess , nice , problem , shelter , worry

Sponsored Cat Links