It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
harleyjane

Default Harley has bonded

Hi all At 3:20am, my Harley decided he need to so his affection to me & proceeded doing so until +/- 6am. He was crawling all over me, doing the 'cat kneed' on my chest, whole body. Kept curling up @ my chest, rolling onto his back, all 4's up in the air just letting me scratch, rub, love him. Collars in my face, etc., I normally push him away as I don't want the cat hair on my pillow, BUT this was different. I feel he came to me to say thanks & that he loves me & for those 3 odd hrs., I said let's do it!! Gosh we can always do laundry, but to have your kitten so into you!!??..
When I did go back to sleep for awhile, boy did I have a stange dream. I know this was my Harley telling me that he will go very soon & how much he loves me. Sad as it is, it helps me find more peace with this. I will never forget this morning.
Also, I plan to remove both of his 'E' collars in the morning as a trial run. His 'gonad tumors' are not lesions anymore, just Knuckle type tumors. If he blatantly doesn't pop/mess with them, we are going collar free for the duration.
All the best to you & yours, harleyjane

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjane View Post
Hi all At 3:20am, my Harley decided he need to so his affection to me & proceeded doing so until +/- 6am. He was crawling all over me, doing the 'cat kneed' on my chest, whole body. Kept curling up @ my chest, rolling onto his back, all 4's up in the air just letting me scratch, rub, love him. Collars in my face, etc., I normally push him away as I don't want the cat hair on my pillow, BUT this was different. I feel he came to me to say thanks & that he loves me & for those 3 odd hrs., I said let's do it!! Gosh we can always do laundry, but to have your kitten so into you!!??..
When I did go back to sleep for awhile, boy did I have a stange dream. I know this was my Harley telling me that he will go very soon & how much he loves me. Sad as it is, it helps me find more peace with this. I will never forget this morning.
Also, I plan to remove both of his 'E' collars in the morning as a trial run. His 'gonad tumors' are not lesions anymore, just Knuckle type tumors. If he blatantly doesn't pop/mess with them, we are going collar free for the duration.
All the best to you & yours, harleyjane
That's the sweetest thing I like to hear ! I can't hold my tears reading this post, Jane ! I'm convinced he is telling you how much he loves you and is grateful to you for providing him this most loving home. Oh ! I can't forget this post ! How lucky you are to have found each other !
Great that you removed his E collar too ! Both of you are still in my prayers !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
harleyjane

Hi Irene, sad but true. I love Harley & he loves me. Despite 'Mom knows best' with these E collars, he has now said he understands why I did it & surgery & chemo, etc. How beautiful is that? Collars come of in the morning, my time.(now 8:34pm MST USA) But, we are closer to the bridge & as said, I will never forget those few hours of his total affection.

Do you know why cats do that "Cat Kneed" thing? does it refer back to their birth on their mom nursing? Always wondered. Harley made me so happy in such a desperate time.

Unread 07-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Hi Irene, sad but true. I love Harley & he loves me. Despite 'Mom knows best' with these E collars, he has now said he understands why I did it & surgery & chemo, etc. How beautiful is that? Collars come of in the morning, my time.(now 8:34pm MST USA) But, we are closer to the bridge & as said, I will never forget those few hours of his total affection.

Do you know why cats do that "Cat Kneed" thing? does it refer back to their birth on their mom nursing? Always wondered. Harley made me so happy in such a desperate time.
That purring followed by kneading his sharpening claws on some soft spots of your body is called 'milk-treading'. When you relax and sit or lay down quietly, you're giving him the signal he got from his mother when he was a kitten - that his mother is ready to let him suckle. A nursing kitten instinctively uses his paws to draw out the milk, gently pushing on his mother's stomach to stimulate the milk flow.
When older cats behave this way, it's a good sign that they are happy, content, and recalling their kittenhood with the most content feeling. I believe Harley is seeing you as his meowmy and telling you : 'You are the best mom I've ever had, and thank you for everything you've done for me in my life !"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
harleyjane

Now you make me cry. I know Harley as a rescue kitty & that he must have had probs when very young due to his sometime sckittishness/being afraidness, but since May 2001 since I've had him, he's so cool! Not without trials & tribs, but he's the best. Many thanks for the clear explanition on the "cat Kneed", it does make good sense. How you explained it & what I said above makes better sense. No matter, he is my little boy, I love him & he loves me & we are getting closer to the bridge. Yet, I - at this moment - feel more at peace.
Another prob that I have is that this the USA's 4th of July Holiday - which means illegeal fireworks all around. Where I used to live, I had a fool proof plan to keep Harley calm as these people did their thing. Now where I live, I really don't have that option but will do my utmost to keep him calm during the fireworks. But these people who have NO regard for others are a big concern. hehe, maybe he will just come & hide with me! lol

Unread 07-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Now you make me cry. I know Harley as a rescue kitty & that he must have had probs when very young due to his sometime sckittishness/being afraidness, but since May 2001 since I've had him, he's so cool! Not without trials & tribs, but he's the best. Many thanks for the clear explanition on the "cat Kneed", it does make good sense. How you explained it & what I said above makes better sense. No matter, he is my little boy, I love him & he loves me & we are getting closer to the bridge. Yet, I - at this moment - feel more at peace.
Another prob that I have is that this the USA's 4th of July Holiday - which means illegeal fireworks all around. Where I used to live, I had a fool proof plan to keep Harley calm as these people did their thing. Now where I live, I really don't have that option but will do my utmost to keep him calm during the fireworks. But these people who have NO regard for others are a big concern. hehe, maybe he will just come & hide with me! lol
Yes, it is true that you are getting closer to the bridge, but above all, I believe you're getting closer to each other too, every minute !

Yeah you're right, Harley is definitely your baby !

My babies are scared of fireworks and thunders too, especially my Princess. My Lady is timid, she will hide herself. But Princess will look at me, shivering, and hoping to get comforted by me. I used to hold her in my arms, comforting her, talking gently to her, and she will eventually get better - no more shaking.

Unread 07-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
harleyjane

Thanks, yeah, besides these fireworks, I know he does not like thunder 7 here we do get lots of hail storms - which sound awful.
Harley is now splayed out on the desk/mouse pad which means it time for me to go. He's so funny how he watches my fingers type. Letters in the upper lefthand corner of the keyboard are cool as I have to lift his soft collar to find them, I'm a 2 finger typer. He studies every move. Say Hi to all. LOL, harleyjane.

Unread 07-03-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Thanks, yeah, besides these fireworks, I know he does not like thunder 7 here we do get lots of hail storms - which sound awful.
Harley is now splayed out on the desk/mouse pad which means it time for me to go. He's so funny how he watches my fingers type. Letters in the upper lefthand corner of the keyboard are cool as I have to lift his soft collar to find them, I'm a 2 finger typer. He studies every move. Say Hi to all. LOL, harleyjane.
I'm frequently forced to be a 2 finger typer too.. my Lady and Earl used to lie down on the desk and cover some part of the keyboard. I too have to gently remove their body parts (legs, arms, tails...) to find the keys I need... My Lady even knows how to put the PC into the sleep mode ! And Earl will sometimes opens many many new windows for me, without asking permission !

Unread 07-03-2009   #9 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hi Jane,I am in tears now too dear.That was so lovely,and Irenes explanation of kneading was like poetry.Hope there are not too many fireworks tomorrow.Just hide away the both of you,and comfort each other until it's all over.Hugs,purrs and head bumps from me and my fluffy kids.xxxxx
Unread 07-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
harleyjane

Many thank Che. I don't mean to get people crying, but I'm just telling you this cancer is playing out. Hugs & loves to your bunch.

Tags
4th of july , attacking , baby , beautiful , belly , birth , box , boy , calm , cat , cats , collar , cool , crazy , crying , dry , eating , eyes , food , free , fun , funny , great , happy , heat , holiday , home , hurt , kitten , kitty , litter box , love , loving , mat , mess , morning , mouse , playing , prayers , rescue , sad , scared , scratch , sleep , smart , stories , surgery , timid , type , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links