It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

DeniseLM is on a distinguished road
Default Rosie and Little Man bonded!

Well, after only 2 days of being around each other 24/7 after the quarantine, I think Rosie and Bowler have bonded. After scolding him every time he pounced, Little Man has decided that maybe he should be a bit more cautious. Two nights ago they started napping together occasionally. Yesterday I noticed Rosie washing him and then him fighting a bit. Today, I watched her groom him head to toe, while he purred and cuddled. Poor little guy--I think I saw him rooting in her neck and kneading while she groomed. The shelter said he was 7 weeks when I got him, but he acts younger.

The best part of all this is that he has settled down with the pouncing and nipping at our hands now too. I think the trouncing Rosie gave him everytime he pounced helped immensely. I also had a water bottle I used a couple times as he chomped on my hands (while saying no loudly). He has settled down well, and today has slept soundly for 6 hours!

One other neat thing--Rosie growled at him 2 nights ago for trying to drink from the water dish while she did. Today they shared the water dish no problem, AND she let him share her food dish.

I think Rosie is now an adopted momma cat!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Aw Denise that's really good news! It sounds as though Rosie is now taking him under her wing so to speak, and Little Man is loving being mommied by the sounds of it.

Pixie accepted Sasha really well when I introduced them luckily, just about a year ago and even though they are now the same size, now and again Pixie still holds Sasha down and grooms her and Sasha loves it!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Aww! I am so happy to hear of your progress!
Unread 07-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

DeniseLM is on a distinguished road

Thanks! To be honest, I am really surprised how quickly this happened, as Rosie was a stray and we didn't know her history. She had been really anxious and overgrooming before we got Bowler (very sick with hairballs all the time) and I can honestly say she hasn't had the time to overgroom now!
Unread 07-12-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Denise ! Congratulations on the progress !!

I guess you and the kitties have all the benefits of having both together now !! No more over grooming, no more biting ... And most of all : ALL HAPPY AND HEALTHY KITTIES !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-13-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Great news! And so quickly, concats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-13-2009   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseLM View Post
Thanks! To be honest, I am really surprised how quickly this happened, as Rosie was a stray and we didn't know her history. She had been really anxious and overgrooming before we got Bowler (very sick with hairballs all the time) and I can honestly say she hasn't had the time to overgroom now!
Wonderful news Denise,I said in your other thread that they would become inseperable very soon.
Can we have some photos of them cuddling please,we all love to see cuddling cats on here.xxxxx

Tags
adopted , aww , biting , cat , cats , cool , fighting , food , great , groom , grooming , happy , healthy , hey , kitties , love , loving , photos , problem , shelter , sick , stray , water

Sponsored Cat Links