It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

LadyJen is on a distinguished road
Question My new Luna

My new kitten, who is still adjusting, won't let us touch her. She cries and we call out to her but she won't come near us or let us touch her. She will play with the toys with us and is venturing out more and more. I guess I'm rushing her, but I just want her to stop crying.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

It's possible that she isn't crying, she's just talking. Some cats do just have a lot to say.

How old is Luna? How long has she been separated from her mama and litter mates?

If she is, indeed, crying because she misses them, I do have some advice.

Get a hot water bottle, or one of those neck things you warm in the microwave and warm it up. Put it in her bed with a wind up alarm clock, the kind that ticks. Cover both with a soft fleece blanket. The warmth will imitate the sensation of being with her mama , the ticking of the clock will imitate the mama's heart beat.

She will adjust with time, some kittens take longer than others, patience is a quality that is needed when adopting a kitten or cat.

PS Luna is a lovely name for her and fits her perfectly, I think. Which, to me, says she is communicating with you, because there is no doubt in my mind that she somehow told you her name is Luna.

Last edited by acerlt; 07-26-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Concats on your new kitten. Luna must be a fabulous kitty !
Some cats are more vocal. Like my Princess, she's the most vocal kitty I've ever seen. When she needs something, or feels something (good or bad) she will start to cry. When I left her in a spacious guest room for 1 day with food, toys and her sister Lady Fergie, my neighbor told me she CRIED all night long ... until her voice soared (got squeaky voice)... that broke my heart !
But she is also my most loving talking kitty ! We literally talk to each other all day !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

LadyJen is on a distinguished road

So far Luna is doing better. I can pet her, alittle bit. She is playing more and sitting on the couch instead of under it. She still cries alot. She looks to be about 2, maybe 3 months old. When she cries out we respond to her calmly and softly until she sees us or her toy, then she stops. She really likes my hubby. When she hears his voice she looks for him.
Unread 07-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Hmm, looks like hubby has a new best friend... LOL
Unread 07-27-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Deborah is Daddy's little girl, and Princess + Lady are mommy's girls ... I got two !! Yippee !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
advice , art , cats , crying , food , girl , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , loving , new kitten , night , pet , play , playing , stop , toys , vocal , water

Sponsored Cat Links