It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Eliz K is on a distinguished road
Default How to make your cat response to you?

Something I would like to share... maybe you will find it useful

As you know, unlike dog, can normally won't response much to you when you call him/her unless he/she is hungry. My fatty and skinny will only response to me when they hungry.

If I keep on calling their name, eventually they will come too, but takes a long long time. Then I figure out a way. Take an item, maybe a cloth and hide your hand inside it. Put one of your finger out and moving your finger just like worm.. hoh! Your cat will immediately rush to you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cat.jpg (17.0 KB, 7 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

It actually doesn't take much to get a cat to respond to it's name. At least it didn't with my kitties. Cami caught on to her name within 2 weeks, and Dante caught on to his after a month. Talking to them a lot throughout the day, using their names often, really helped
My cats also respond to "breakfast" in the morning and "din-din" in the evenings. Dante responds to "go outside" now (very funny, I'll take a video of it later!)
Unread 08-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

All of my cats responded to their names when called and usually would give a acknowledgement to me. When I am with the kittens I try to look them in the face when I say their names and when I cuddle with them I stroke them and say their name repeatedly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Yeah, my cat has a long name "Anastasia and even she responds to her name. If she's playing with water in the bathroom and I keep calling her name, she will come running and wonder what's up, hehe.

My kitty likes to attack my feet when I'm under a blanket.
Unread 08-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I've known quite a few that respond to their names.. The most recent of which is Coco.. She would look right at me and meow when I said her name. Such a great kitty.
Unread 08-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Eliz, thanks for the great Game idea! Did you make that diagram yourself? Very clever!

I would like to suggest one thing to change though, don't use your finger, you should never use your hands as toys with your cats. Use a stick of some kind, such as the other end of a string on a stick toy.

My cats do play a variation of that, we call it Catch the Bump Under the Rug (or under the newspaper....)

But like the others, my cats are very responsive to me. Jennie girl is a tad more independent, but I think that's because she survived out on her own for so long. But the others always respond when I speak to them, and Jennie does most of the time.

The more time you spend with your cats, playing with them, combing them, even just talking to them, (use their names a LOT!) the more responsive they will be.

I talk to my cats all the time when I am home. I basically just "think out loud" and include them with every thought, using their names all the time too.

For instance I just said "Mazy, I'm going to turn this thing off, finish the dishes, and then we will Play". She said "prrt?"

Unread 08-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post

I talk to my cats all the time when I am home. I basically just "think out loud" and include them with every thought, using their names all the time too.

For instance I just said "Mazy, I'm going to turn this thing off, finish the dishes, and then we will Play". She said "prrt?"

Haha, I do the exact same thing. I always tell Anastasia what I'm about to do and she chirps back at me or looks at me like she's paying full attention. Sometimes when I start talking to her and her head is facing another direction, she will turn her whole body my direction and look curious about what I'm talking about. Cats make the best buddies
Unread 08-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Haha I include my kitties in every conversation, especially thinking aloud while working.
Unread 08-20-2009   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

Tim W is on a distinguished road

Almost all my cats come when I call them. I did find that with male cats they do need a little more encouragement over the females.

Unread 08-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

When I call Cat, I whistle to him as well. He always comes to me.
When other people whistle to him, sometimes he will go to them, but if he hears my whistle he will come straight to me. xxxxx

Tags
art , attack , book , cat , cats , cool , cute , dog , eating , eyes , family , fast , found , fun , funny , game , girl , great , happy , hey , hiding , home , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , meow , meowing , morning , moving , nice , play , playing , scared , stop , toys , tricks , video , water

Sponsored Cat Links