It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

newhehe is on a distinguished road
Default cat bit me more than twice

ahh ok thanks.

Last edited by newhehe; 09-19-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

How old is the cat? If he's young, chances are he is only trying to play. My cats attack my feet all the time, jumping out from around corners to bite my ankles.
If you want your cat to stop, you could try using a "ow!" or "no" command, or a quick spray from a water bottle.
Unread 09-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

if your cat is young maybe he is playing...
my cat do that to me too when he was young and playful...
I though he is aggressive and need much more discipline...
but later we realized that he just wants to play....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

CanadianCat is on a distinguished road

I agree with the others that he's most likely trying to play and does not mean to hurt you. My new kitten gave me quite a few minor injuries, she did do some little bites (but no blood!) and I would yelp and she realized she was hurting and I could see her change from a bite to a tentative exploration with her teeth and then very quickly she just stopped with the teeth. The other thing she did was she would jump on me when I was walking or standing. Now that HURT and I did not have to fake an OUCH - again she learned she was hurting me and has pretty well stopped that, once in a while she still does but you can see it's because she is so exuberant in playing and running she is not thinking. When she plays she runs so fast, sometimes I say OUCH for her lol when she bashes into something head first.

Let him know when he hurts you and he'll soon stop with that behaviour.

Tags
aggressive , art , attack , behavior , behaviour , bite , bites , cat , cats , cool , fast , hurt , jumping , kitten , new kitten , outdoor , pet , play , playing , stop , water

Sponsored Cat Links