It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

glass-half-full is on a distinguished road
Default My Cat

my cat has been acting abit wired lately... here are somethings:

1. i know that she loves me but nowadays she has been showing it alot. she doesn't wanna go anywhere without me, she just wanna sleep with me all the time (like she wud run to my bed wen i am about to sleep) and tries her best to sit in my lap even wen im using the PC ( imagine me holding her with one hand and typing with the other).

2. she has been sleeping alot, apparently all she wants to do is sleep.

3. I am not very alarmed cuz she is eating and drinking fine. she plays like crazy wen i play with her otherwise she likes to sleep or stare at me 24/7. (like she thinks that if she shuts her eyes i might leave... i know i sound abit toooo watever but really this is wat i feel)

4. she hasn't ever had any major illnesses just for a fever once or twice.

5. she is a Siamese 5 years 5 months old. i hear around this age the illnesses begin sooo im abit worried...

Please any suggestions...

Last edited by glass-half-full; 09-11-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome! This all sounds like normal cat behavior to me. My cats actually fight sometimes over who will sit on my lap while I am here at my desk on the computer. And if I stay up later than they think I should they get into the bed and wait for me.

Cat's personalities do go through changes from time to time, and if your kitty (what's her name?) is playing, eating, peeing and pooping normally, I think you have nothing to worry about. She's just in the mood to let you know how much you mean to her!

However, if you need peace of mind, by all means schedule a check up for her with your vet, and while you're there have a blood panel done. It's a good idea to have a baseline blood panel anyway, so you know what is normal for her, should she ever develop any problems later in life.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
Nia
Newborn

Nia is on a distinguished road

Is she fixed? Cause even though cats can be like that those are also the signs of pregnancy. Was just wondering if it was a possibility.
But it really does sound like a normal kitty.
Unread 09-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi dear,welcome, what are your names?

She sounds like a normal Siamese cat.

They are well known for being possessive and demanding, and they crave interaction.

If you leave them for too long, they don't like it, they hate being left alone.

Have you any pics to share with us? xxxxx
Unread 09-12-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello & welcome to the forum. Have you changed your routine in any way (i.e. being out of the house for longer periods of time than is usual) which may be causing your cat to be more 'clingy' than normal when you are around?
Otherwise it does just sound like normal cat behaviour. One of my cats likes to follow me everywhere when I'm in the house and always wants to be on my lap or sat beside me when I'm on the sofa. I have a laptop which is never allowed to be on my lap as Newt gets jealous! My other cat Ripley will often stand at the front door and shout at me if I'm going out and she thinks I should be staying in with her.
Sounds like your cat loves you very much and enjoys being around you.
p.s Their capacity for sleep always amazes me!

Tags
age , behavior , behaviour , cat , cat behavior , cats , changed , clingy , computer , crazy , eating , eyes , fever , fight , fixed , hey , house , kitty , peeing , playing , pregnancy , problems , siamese , sleep , sleeping , suggestions , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links