It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

aimeersd is on a distinguished road
Default My cat attitude has changed.

When I first got my cat lando he was sweet loving and would ride on my shoulders and sleep on my chest at night. When I moved in with my boyfriend now husband lando totally changed.He at frist hide and would not come near me.Now he now has an attitude and hates it when I pick him up and wants nothing to do with me unless he wants food or to go outside. He is not the cat he use to be. I know its becasue of my husband. Lando feels like there is competition to be the top male. My husband hates lando and if lando had still stayed the way he was when I had him then I know my husband would not mind him.
Dose anyone have any ideas? I want lando to feel he dose not have to compete with my husband. I am hoping his attitude can change. I would hate to have to give him away. I love him to much.
Thanks
Aimee
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

How long has it been since you've moved Lando into your new place? If it hasn't been long, he needs time to adjust to the new situation. Why does your new husband hate the cat? I'm not seeing any reasoning there...
Unread 09-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiDante View Post
How long has it been since you've moved Lando into your new place? If it hasn't been long, he needs time to adjust to the new situation. Why does your new husband hate the cat? I'm not seeing any reasoning there...
Well we have been in the house we are living now for like 3 years. What he say is that the only reason lando comes around and wants attention is when he want to eat or be let out side. Other then that I do not know why he hates him.
I know my husband in not really a cat person but he likes the other cat that is his mom/his.

Last edited by aimeersd; 09-23-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-24-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Well, it is true that cats choose their "peoples", and Lando chose you. It sounds like he didn't adjust well to the new house & husband as you did
Hmm, I'm stumped as to what advice to offer. Try playing with him more often, giving him treats and lots of love. I find it really odd that your husband likes one cat, but not the other.
Unread 09-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiDante View Post
Well, it is true that cats choose their "peoples", and Lando chose you. It sounds like he didn't adjust well to the new house & husband as you did
Hmm, I'm stumped as to what advice to offer. Try playing with him more often, giving him treats and lots of love. I find it really odd that your husband likes one cat, but not the other.
Well the other cats a female and is really old. I think it might be that whole male dominant thing. Lando has always been the top and then when my husband came in he was not anymore. So the clash trying to stay dominant.
Unread 09-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

May be a silly question, but he is neutered?

I'll agree with Crystal. Give him plenty of attention and play with him a lot. My cat doesn't like to be cuddled with or picked up either (if I reach for her, she walks away), but she sure does love to play! You can play with him and talk to him. Even if he looks away, he is listening to your voice.

He can't be bothering you if he's a bit passive at least. He wouldn't be any happier if you were to give him up. That would ruin his life. He may not show his affectionate side that much, but he still loves you and you are his home.
Unread 09-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
May be a silly question, but he is neutered?

I'll agree with Crystal. Give him plenty of attention and play with him a lot. My cat doesn't like to be cuddled with or picked up either (if I reach for her, she walks away), but she sure does love to play! You can play with him and talk to him. Even if he looks away, he is listening to your voice.

He can't be bothering you if he's a bit passive at least. He wouldn't be any happier if you were to give him up. That would ruin his life. He may not show his affectionate side that much, but he still loves you and you are his home.
Yes he is but he has been scene I first got him and he was about 1 I think. I do not know his exact age because he was a stray. When I took him to get fixed they estimated him to be about a year if I remember correctly.

Ok I will try that. I was a little up set because he use to be very affectionate and then he wasn't. He like totally changed.
Unread 10-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Angelic
Artemis Moonsong is on a distinguished road

Okay, um, I seriously doubt that Lando sees your husband as "male competition"; that would imply that he sees you as a female cat, i.e. his mate. Plus he's neutered, so...

I am guessing that Lando's feelings were seriously hurt when you moved in with your boyfriend, now husband. And believe me, he knows your husband doesn't like him. God, imagine being forced to live with someone who despised you. Trust me, Lando does not see you as "a female"; he sees you as his mom. He just can't deal with the fact that he's not the only baby in your life now.

Yeah, what other people are saying ... play with him, pet him, brush him, give him treats, and talk to him. Treat him the way you treated him when it was just you guys together.

Hubby sounds like a lost cause, frankly, but that's probably none of my business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, aka "The Nefrinator"
Unread 10-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
Okay, um, I seriously doubt that Lando sees your husband as "male competition"; that would imply that he sees you as a female cat, i.e. his mate. Plus he's neutered, so...What I meant by that was the whole house not me. Lando thinks he runs the house, because it was just me for a long time then My husband and other people came in.

I am guessing that Lando's feelings were seriously hurt when you moved in with your boyfriend, now husband. And believe me, he knows your husband doesn't like him. God, imagine being forced to live with someone who despised you. Trust me, Lando does not see you as "a female"; he sees you as his mom. He just can't deal with the fact that he's not the only baby in your life now. My husband did not dislike Lando at first.

Yeah, what other people are saying ... play with him, pet him, brush him, give him treats, and talk to him. Treat him the way you treated him when it was just you guys together.

Hubby sounds like a lost cause, frankly, but that's probably none of my business
That's kind of rude. You do not know my husband. Its my cats attitude that my husband dose not like. I asked him. I was asking for help and you turned it in to its my husbands fault. I know it was a combination of me moving someone new coming in and sleeping were he use to sleep. I was just wanting some suggestions. I do think that animals just like people's personality don't match. Both my husband and my cat have strong personality.So they clash. That's what I see. You did not need to go there.
Unread 10-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Angelic
Artemis Moonsong is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry, honey, I didn't meant to offend you *hugs* But if your husband doesn't like the cat, believe me, the cat will know, and this will affect his personality. You are describing an unhappy cat and giving us your situation, so I'm trying to interpret what's wrong. It seems very clear to me, so that's why I suggested you try to shower him with more attention so he doesn't feel he has to be jealous.
and now
, aka "The Nefrinator"

Tags
advice , affectionate , age , baby , boyfriend , business , cat , cats , changed , color , female , fixed , food , happy , hey , home , house , hurt , lost , love , loving , male , moving , night , passive , person , personality , pet , play , playing , question , silly , sleep , sleeping , stray , suggestions , unhappy cat

Sponsored Cat Links