It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

lady magdalene is on a distinguished road
Red face hello and help?

hello,

i am lady magdalene and my kitty cat is ce-cee, short for celsiana (ancient damask rose). she is a lovely black kitty that i rescued from a shelter about 10 years ago. about two years ago she started pooping in her box to start and then finishing somewhere else. i find this odd, but i am not sure how to help her get back into the habit of finishing in the box. i scoop her box almost the minute she does her duty. but if i am not there, and now even when i am and i have scooped it, she doesn't return to her box and begins to squat elsewhere.
i don't want to have to replace the carpets when we move out....help!

lady magdalene
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-30-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello to you & Ce-cee
Have you had Ce-cee checked by a vet?
I'm sorry I can't offer any specific advice but I noticed you haven't had any replies yet. Hopefully someone else will be able to help more.
I'm Helen & I have two cats.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-30-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

lady magdalene is on a distinguished road
Default re: hello and help?

thank you helen. we are soon moving and i am taking her to the vets before the final move, just to be sure.
Unread 10-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Angelic
Artemis Moonsong is on a distinguished road

Oh geez, cats and their litter boxes ...

1. Have you changed the litter recently? She may prefer the old kind.

2. Have you changed the litter box recently? She may prefer the previous one.

3. Is there another cat in the household? You could have a territorial issue on your hands.

4. Possible solutions to all of these could be to provide a second litter pan. Is she going in a certain spot? (Behind the couch, curtains, etc.) Place a litter box in that general area.

It's weird for them to go in an open place and not attempt to cover it up. The rare times Bastet poos in out-of-the-way places, she will attempt to cover it or go in a secluded area.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, aka "The Nefrinator"

Tags
advice , another cat , black , box , cat , cats , changed , kitty , litter , litter boxes , moving , rare , shelter , territorial , vet , weird

Sponsored Cat Links